Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

>>>>>>> Budget Gaming Pc - Shopping List!

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 8, 2011 8:56:52 PM

This is my planned shopping list, with a 450GBP budget. Please check this gaming PC build, and let me know what you think!



Western Digital WD5000AADS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache - OEM Caviar Green

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC Edition 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Casecom K5-9388 Black Case with Blue LED 120mm Front Fan

Antec TrueQuiet 120 - Case fan - 120 mm

120mm Blue LED Fan - 4pin Molex Connection

AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Sony AD7261S 24x DVDRW DL & RAM with LightScribe SATA - OEM Black

CIT 550W Dual 12V Rail PSU - 12cm Fan - 20+4pin 2x SATA

Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 Socket AM3 DDR3 Geforce 7025 VGA Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600mhz Vengeance Memory Module CL9 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much lads :ange: 
March 9, 2011 5:00:58 AM

That's a good budget build, I think it will work fine.
March 9, 2011 5:28:53 AM

Martin9630 said:
That's a good budget build, I think it will work fine.


Thanks. Is there anything else I should do? Thinking of a different PSU for reliability and a 3rd Party CPU fan
Related resources
March 9, 2011 5:38:09 AM

Well if you're not going to overclock I think the CPU Cooler should be fine, not sure about the PSU though.
Anonymous
March 9, 2011 6:12:12 AM

Get the Antec 550W or Corsair 650TX
March 9, 2011 8:43:44 AM

Quote:
CIT 550W Dual 12V Rail PSU - 12cm Fan - 20+4pin 2x SATA

Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 Socket AM3 DDR3 Geforce 7025 VGA Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard


Negative on these 2 items

1. Get a decent 80+ entry level PSU
2. Mobo - i would rate any of these chipsets

740G
690G
GF 6XXX/7XXX
NForce 4xx/5xx/6xx

far inferior than any entry level AM2+ out in 2008 due to

a. HT Limitation when paired with any AM2+/AM3 chip
b. Still stuck on PCIe gen 1.0/1.1, true AM2+ had migrated to PCIe gen 2.0 as of 2008

Gigabyte NForce 630a
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3497#ov
Quote:
* If you install AMD AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.


MSI 740GTM-P23
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=1917
Quote:

Hyper Transport Bus

• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s

Slots

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V1.0 compliant)



Either way : 443 quid off Ebuyer UK
March 9, 2011 3:21:18 PM

batuchka said:
Quote:
CIT 550W Dual 12V Rail PSU - 12cm Fan - 20+4pin 2x SATA

Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 Socket AM3 DDR3 Geforce 7025 VGA Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard


Negative on these 2 items

1. Get a decent 80+ entry level PSU
2. Mobo - i would rate any of these chipsets

740G
690G
GF 6XXX/7XXX
NForce 4xx/5xx/6xx

far inferior than any entry level AM2+ out in 2008 due to

a. HT Limitation when paired with any AM2+/AM3 chip
b. Still stuck on PCIe gen 1.0/1.1, true AM2+ had migrated to PCIe gen 2.0 as of 2008

Gigabyte NForce 630a
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3497#ov
Quote:
* If you install AMD AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.


MSI 740GTM-P23
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=1917
Quote:

Hyper Transport Bus

• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s

Slots

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V1.0 compliant)



Either way : 443 quid off Ebuyer UK
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205/batuchka/Untitled-426.jpg


Thanks very much for helping me out, it's greatly appreciated.

I understand 100% what you have said, but is the sapphire HD 6850 better than the MSI GTX 460?

Thanks
March 10, 2011 3:03:24 AM

On the Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart they are on the same tier, but I think the 6850 is newer. 460 has a higher texel rate, while 6850 has a higher pixel rate, but I'd take the 6850 to go with the AMD processor.
March 10, 2011 8:47:43 AM

Yep they trade blows with the HD 6850 a wee bit more efficient - u are welcomed ^^
!