Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hey guys, sorry for the seemingly off topic post, but this seemed like the closest forum to my topic.

Basically, I am about to both register a domain name and sign up for web hosting. I have some questions.

First of all, should I get my domain name and my hosting through the same provider?

Second of all, who is the best provider? I am going to be running a sales business from this website.

So far, I'm thinking I should go with either 1and1 or Inmotion. Any advice?

Thanks!

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I've used 1and1 for some time but eventually move over to bluehost. I thought their interface was much more user friendly. The other advantage was they host out of Chicago, which suited my needs better as I was running a Chicago-centric site so it worked out from a latency perspetive.

I've found that having your domain registered with the same host as your site is a little easier as well. You don't have to, but if you're unfamiliar with how to set that up, it just makes more sense.

qarish

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
I think this information can be useful for you. If you plan to get your website, here is one good free web hosting provider to choose - 000webhost.com

They provide hosting absolutely free, there is no catch. You get 1500 MB of disk space and 100 GB bandwidth. They also have cPanel control panel which is amazing and easy to use website builder. Moreover, there is no any kind of advertising on your pages.

You can register here: http://www.000webhost.com/658107.html

qarish

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
I think this information can be useful for you. If you plan to get your website, here is one good free web hosting provider to choose - 000webhost.com

They provide hosting absolutely free, there is no catch. You get 1500 MB of disk space and 100 GB bandwidth. They also have cPanel control panel which is amazing and easy to use website builder. Moreover, there is no any kind of advertising on your pages.

You can register here: http://www.000webhost.com/658107.html

MartinWilson

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I recommend using a different provider for each. One for domain registration, the other for hosting. That way, you don't give too much control to one provider.

I also recommend using a web host that will have a server in the country where most of your web site visitors will come from, just to help with visitor web site experience.

Alex Bryant

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Yes, you need to get a domain name from the same provider. This would be convenient for you. And , for the best servcie provider a thorough googling could help your out in this regard. if your business is sales based, then a VPS hsoting would be an ideal option.

Status
Not open for further replies.