Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia GEFORCE 7600gt agp 512 mb (XP OS) problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2011 3:46:47 PM

Hi everyone,
I have the above card installed in my system - with a 450 power supply and 4gb memory in it.
The card was working fine for the first weeks, but now and not only with any 3d operations, either everythings gets fuzzy on the screen, and eventualy goes black and the lcd displays the message "going to sleep" mode, or a blue screen a few times - this I believe after I did upgrade the drivers thru nvidia's website.
I did read in other forums about a patch - which did not work, or about reinstalling the drivers again. Some people talk about the nv4_disp.dll to being the cullprit of this malfunctionig.
Anyone has any experience/ideas/solutions for this specific problem?
Thanks
January 4, 2011 4:45:23 PM

nwphil said:
Hi everyone,
I have the above card installed in my system - with a 450 power supply and 4gb memory in it.
The card was working fine for the first weeks, but now and not only with any 3d operations, either everythings gets fuzzy on the screen, and eventualy goes black and the lcd displays the message "going to sleep" mode, or a blue screen a few times - this I believe after I did upgrade the drivers thru nvidia's website.
I did read in other forums about a patch - which did not work, or about reinstalling the drivers again. Some people talk about the nv4_disp.dll to being the cullprit of this malfunctionig.
Anyone has any experience/ideas/solutions for this specific problem?
Thanks

well, I ended finding the solution my self here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=73530
see response from Where?Wolf

and then here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)-download-1655.html

I think the key is the driver_sweeper utility, as I did the reinstall before and did not work
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
January 4, 2011 4:53:01 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!