Whats the cheapest 450 psu for Ati 5770 use?

Manolo Xl

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with a ATX 300w Bestec (http://www.newpowersupply.com/bestec_300w_atx0300d5wb_atx_0300d5wb_rev_x3_dell_replacement_power_supply_part_number_xw601_xw600_xw599-pr-637.html). I'm thinking of buying a Radeon 5770 and the indicated requirements (http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5770/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5770-overview.aspx#3) show I need 450 watt's with a 75 watt 6 pin pci express power connector.

I have another card I considered first that I can afford but this is what I really want. I noticed that there are cheap psu's being sold for like 10-15 dollars. I know they wont last long, but I have to go the cheap route at this point. What is the cheapest 450 psu I can buy that has the connector required for the 5770 and all the rest of the connectors the Bestec has so I can power everything else. Forgive me if I sound kinda retarded as this is the first time I ever really explored anything about psu's.

One thing im afraid of... My mobo supports pcie1. Its my understanding that pcie 2 will run but 2.1 (like the 5770) is hit or miss. I read that someone is using a 2.1 card with the same model computer I have im going to take the risk. The thing is... I know the slot pcie 2 and 2.1 slots push more power than the pcie 1 slots. Im afraid that even if the mobo does accept the card.. that there wont be enough "combined" power from the slot its self and the power connector to run the card. Should I be concerned there?

Thanks you for your time. Sorry for the novel guys.

Solution
You don't want that PSU, its junk.

If you NEED to buy a $20 PSU, you should instead buy a cheaper GPU so you can afford something at least like that 430W Corsair. Don't risk your computer on a cheap $20 (literally in this case) PSU.

Manolo Xl

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Thank you for guys for the reply. Sadly, those are out of my price range. Im looking for something very very cheap. Sub $20 would be excellent (before or with no rebate.)

4745454b

Titan
You don't want that PSU, its junk.

If you NEED to buy a $20 PSU, you should instead buy a cheaper GPU so you can afford something at least like that 430W Corsair. Don't risk your computer on a cheap $20 (literally in this case) PSU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS