New MOBO and RAM

I'm looking to get a new mobo which will have socket 775? (for my pentium)

I want a new mobo because mine apparently only supports max 8gb ddr2 ram @ 4x 2gb sticks which SUCKS because that would cost me £9999999

I would like some help in choosing a new mobo because I don't know what's good and what's not.

Price range: I don't know.

My system Specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (Soon to be 64bit)
CPU
Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93GHz
RAM
3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12) (Soon to be 6-8gb @ 1333MHz)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP41-UD3L (Socket 775) - But I want this or something similar in price and support for 8gb ddr3 ram @ 1333mhz
Graphics
2243W (1920x1080@59Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (XFX Pine Group) (HD Radeon 4650) (Mine has 1gb RAM)
PSU
EZCool Silent 500Watt ATX PSU
11 answers Last reply
More about mobo
  1. Hi there Silba,

    Stay with Gigabyte, and DDR3 vs DDR2 - u would never see the differences between them. Only in the benchmarks. Not in real life.

    When u are ready to upgrade, do it all the way with CPU+mobo+RAM ...
  2. This is the only board with a 775 socket that supports more than 8GB of memory (16 GB) at newegg. And....it's inexpensive.:
    Intel BOXDG43GT LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121389
  3. The Gigabyte supports 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory as well.

    What is your OS 32bit or 64bit?
  4. Ive got 32bit atm and i dont like ddr2 its way too expensive! ive ordered 8gb ddr3 ram already so now i need a mobo to go with it :P (i will be getting 64-bit windows 7 ultimate)
  5. OK, since u have only 32bit Windows, u will be able to use only 3.25GB of the RAM.
  6. abekl said:
    This is the only board with a 775 socket that supports more than 8GB of memory (16 GB) at newegg. And....it's inexpensive.:
    Intel BOXDG43GT LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121389


    Why should i pay that much when my previously listed mobo will do just fine?

    or wont it do just fine?
  7. nikorr said:
    OK, since u have only 32bit Windows, u will be able to use only 3.25GB of the RAM.


    Quote:
    Ive got 32bit atm and i dont like ddr2 its way too expensive! ive ordered 8gb ddr3 ram already so now i need a mobo to go with it :P (i will be getting 64-bit windows 7 ultimate)
  8. Silba said:
    Quote:
    Ive got 32bit atm and i dont like ddr2 its way too expensive! ive ordered 8gb ddr3 ram already so now i need a mobo to go with it :P (i will be getting 64-bit windows 7 ultimate)

    I must have missed the end : )
  9. nikorr said:
    I must have missed the end : )



    You're only human :) So what is your view of this mobo? Would it do me fine?


    Added full system specs to first post.
  10. Silba said:
    You're only human :) So what is your view of this mobo? Would it do me fine?


    Added full system specs to first post.

    Looks alright to me.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=G41M-VS3%20R2.0&cat=Specifications
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Pentium RAM Motherboards Product