Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P5QL SE

Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2012 9:50:24 AM

Hello,
I have this motherboard ASUS P5QL SE with a graphic card Geforce GTS250, which is working fine. But nowadays this card is slow for games like BF3 or Crysis 2 to play on high settings, so i want to change it to HD7000 series.

Do you think guys this motherboard with P43 chipset can handle HD7000 series or maybe Nvidia GTX600 series? I also dont know much if motherboards cannot support some graphic cards, because of PCI-E 3.0 or maybe because of old motherboard chipset..

More about : asus p5ql

February 9, 2012 9:59:36 AM

in my humble oppinio ...you dont have to worry!!
the thing with the vga is the stronger thy are the more eases the workload to the rest of the system.... so if you put an vga on it with lots of ram you basicaly tell yoyr system to transer the proceng of the rellated vga-stuff-things not to do with the cpu,hdd etc but more with the vga!
hope i could bit help
Greez
Gab
==================OPEN YOUR MIND========================
a c 125 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 9, 2012 10:16:03 AM

First, PIC 3.0 graphics cards are backwards compatible with PCI 2.0 slots. So if you invest in a PCI 3 card, the investment is not wasted. When you upgrade your motherboard, you'll be able to take full advantage of it.

Next, you should buy as much GPU power as your budget allows, within reason. For example, 250 for a video card is reasonable, 500 is not in my opinion.
June 15, 2012 1:31:27 PM

sofun said:
Hello,
I have this motherboard ASUS P5QL SE with a graphic card Geforce GTS250, which is working fine. But nowadays this card is slow for games like BF3 or Crysis 2 to play on high settings, so i want to change it to HD7000 series.

Do you think guys this motherboard with P43 chipset can handle HD7000 series or maybe Nvidia GTX600 series? I also dont know much if motherboards cannot support some graphic cards, because of PCI-E 3.0 or maybe because of old motherboard chipset..

I think 3.0 is backwards compatible but im just running a HD 4890 on my P5QL-SE with a E 6850 and 4 gig of G Skill 1066 mhz ram nunning at @3.17 ghz, i havent managed to get it to overclock it any further, but it will generally shred any game no problem you should be able to get one on ebay for $100 or less a HD 6870 would probably be better though
!