Question about video card and gpu-z

Nels84

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Hey i just built my first computer yesterday for the first time with a gtx 460 768mb. I was looking in gpu-z to check stuff, not sure what everything means but i got somewhat of a idea. Want to make sure if everything is working correctly. The thing that concerns me is the second screenshot. Is stuff that low normal?

3k4.png

7sv.png

Is this normal? or should i be worried the speeds are so low, But im also not running anything.

Just alittle nervous being my first pc build i want to make sure nothing is going wrong.

All modern GPU's are designed to reduce clock speeds and voltages when not under load. Set GPU-Z to measure the maximum instead of the current value (use the drop-down arrow next to the parameter name). Then fire up a game or two and see if the card goes to its rated clock speeds.

D

Deleted member 217926

As Herr_Koos said stress the card to go to 3D mode. If it makes you feel better my EVGA card shows identical to yours and mine is a 1GB model overclocked to 821-1642-2000. It drops to identical to what your is showing in 2D mode.