Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Split second lagging with 6850 even on 1024X768

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 4, 2011 6:12:40 AM

Hi Guys,

The FPS in Split Second is capped at 30 FPS, I believe. I installed Catalyst 10.12. The FPS tends to go down to even 16 when there is huge destruction in this game. I tried playing on even 1024X768 resolution and keeping the quality to High and not Very High. Still this is happening. I have selected Adaptive Multisampling, no morphological sampling and all application settings in the Catalyst. None of the component is overclocked. The game gives same result even on 1280X1024 resolution. I believe this is a very good graphics card which should be able to play this game easily on 1680X1050 resolution with all settings maxed out but alas..!! Am I not doing anything correctly. Please help me out.

Following is my PC configuration :

AMD Phenom II 955 BE,
GSkill 4GB DDR3,
MSI 890FXA-GD70,
AMD Sapphire 6850,
500GB WDC Caviar Black,
500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11,
Corsair TX 750W.

More about : split lagging 6850 1024x768

January 4, 2011 9:32:10 AM

46 reads and no solution... Isn't there anybody who has the solution to this issue or anyone who can let me know if I am doing anything silly than expecting help??
Score
0
January 4, 2011 9:41:34 AM

Never played that game and I don't know how demanding it is, Whats the performance like in other games or benchmarks?

Was your previous card an nVidia card? or is this a new build?

Do you have V-sync enabled in that game?
Score
0
January 4, 2011 9:45:03 AM

Following is the game I am talking about.. : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_Second:_Velocity

I already have V-Sync disabled... This is a new build.
No matter how much is the resolution, the game is behaving almost same.. Not sure what to do..
No benchmarks.. :( 
Score
0
January 4, 2011 10:02:11 AM

If I were you I'd check other games to see if your getting the right kind of performance, It may just be a problem with that particular game or a driver issue related to that game.

Score
0
January 4, 2011 10:04:23 AM

So the problem is isolated to this game only?

Any other game you try is fine?

If so it's probably just a buggy as hell game (bad port of a console game?) as I've never even heard of it.

Make sure you've got the latest patches anyways - but likely its the game not your pc.
Score
0
January 4, 2011 10:08:14 AM

Other games are relatively running fine.. Even this one does but creates an issue when there is intense graphic content of explosions..
Score
0
January 4, 2011 10:18:09 AM

Then its just the game in dire need of patching / optimisation most likely - developers probably not giving much love to the PC version
Score
0
January 4, 2011 10:30:09 AM

Nerdbox87 said:
Then its just the game in dire need of patching / optimisation most likely - developers probably not giving much love to the PC version


+1^, usually the case.

@OP If other games run fine, then its either the game your having trouble with needs better driver support/patching or its a very demanding game and the FPS your seeing is just what your system is capable of.
Score
0
January 5, 2011 2:38:57 PM

Do you mean my system is capable of FPS of 15-16 in such a game.. This is not Crysis or Metro33. Even these games do not make such a mockery of a such a PC at a resolution of atleast 1024X768.....!!!
Score
0

Best solution

January 5, 2011 2:48:21 PM

vermakhil said:
Do you mean my system is capable of FPS of 15-16 in such a game.. This is not Crysis or Metro33. Even these games do not make such a mockery of a such a PC at a resolution of atleast 1024X768.....!!!


They are saying the game may be buggy and not optimized to work on PC's. I've run into games like this before. The dev's sometimes aren't given the time and money to port a game over and they just release it, knowing there is a problem.

However, there is a chance that there are patches available or on the way. I've seen games that were released in horrible condition, with terrible lagging, but were done so due to running out of money. After selling a few copies, they get enough money to fix the game through patches. I've seen others fixed by 3rd party gamers (Gothic 3, which years latter still has bad lag issues on the top of the line systems of today).
Share
January 5, 2011 3:58:56 PM

bystander said:
They are saying the game may be buggy and not optimized to work on PC's. I've run into games like this before. The dev's sometimes aren't given the time and money to port a game over and they just release it, knowing there is a problem.

However, there is a chance that there are patches available or on the way. I've seen games that were released in horrible condition, with terrible lagging, but were done so due to running out of money. After selling a few copies, they get enough money to fix the game through patches. I've seen others fixed by 3rd party gamers (Gothic 3, which years latter still has bad lag issues on the top of the line systems of today).



Ah... Sorry for the miscommunication. I would try that out. Thanks a lot to all and sorry for the miscomm.. Take Care Guys.. Thanks again..
Score
0
January 5, 2011 3:59:19 PM

Best answer selected by vermakhil.
Score
0
January 5, 2011 6:27:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!