Sign in with
Your question

Questions on building a SFF 2500k

Last response: in Systems
March 9, 2011 2:02:26 PM

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on this site. Anyhoe, my (t)rusty s.754 Athlon64 (3700+) kicked the bucket about 2 months ago. Now I want to build a new pc. The pc will be mainly used for gaming, hd video, music and internet. Here's what I have so far:

- Intel 2500k cpu
- 4gb Kingston HyperX Cas7 XMP memory
- 300gb WD Velociraptor HD (bootdrive)
- 2tb. WD Caviar green HD (datadrive)
- Asus 4850 EAH videocard (Will buy a second one)
- OCZ ModX stream pro 600 Watt PSU

I want to build a small but powerfull gamingpc (since my space is limited) and I have my eyes set on a SFF Silverstone SUGO SG02-F casing.
Does anyone have experience with this casing? How is the airflow in this casing? Will my PSU fit? Will a second 4850 fit? What kind of cooler is recommended for this casing?

This brings me to my second question, the mobo. If I build a pc with this casing I'll need a mATX mobo. I have my eyes set on an Asus P67m Pro mobo, but how do these compare to other (Asus) boards (In particular the ability to o.c.) What other P67 mATX moboards are recommended?
If anyone can help me I would be much obliged.

March 9, 2011 2:23:05 PM

The motherboard is very nice, and compares well to the other Asus offerings. If(when) you can find one, buy it.

Is this the case you are considering? SILVERSTONE SUGO SG02-BF Based on the feedback, your PSU and video cards should fit. The comments on airflow seem to be mixed.

I would guess that you are going to need a low profile heatsink like this one: ZALMAN CNPS 8700 NT 110mm for $40

Unless you already have the velociraptor, you should consider an WD caviar black or Samsung spinpoint F3 for almost the same performance at a fraction of the price.

Hope that helps.
!