LJ Nintze

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
To start with
Product FQ625AA-ABA
Model SR5702F
Serial CNX91506T)
Software Build 91NAv3PrA1
Was getting error code BIOHD-5 or BIOHD-8. Computer was working just fine, froze, my daughter turned it off, then on again and I got the above error. The I did a systems check and it states that my HD Hitchi HDP725025GLA388 was corrupted. Turned the computer off for a few days while out of town. Now turning it back on and getting Disc Boot Failure - Insert System Disc and press enter. I don't have a system disc, I can't get it off this screen, it will only let me go to menu or diagnostics check, no system restore or recovery. I don't have that much to lose if I wipe it back to factory settings but I can't get it off this screen. I just need my computer back as I work from home sometimes and can't do that without my system and my VPN (kids are doing homework at the library, I can't do VPN work from home there!). Help, total computer illiterate but wrote down everything the computer said!

galeener

Distinguished
Ok i'll try to help as much as I can first it seems as if your hard drive is either corrupted or maybe not fully plugged in and getting errors. Or it may just have died.
You may have to contac t HP its a really old system though and I am not sure what they would do.
You may have to buy a new hard drive and then install an operating system did you get any disks with this system?

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
galeener... let's go with two things the OP stated, HE DOESN'T HAVE A SYSTEM DISK, and he's COMPUTER ILLITERATE... Two major issues in your scenario about the resolution of the problem...

LJ Nintze... Take the computer to your local PC repair shop, pay the minimum for a diagnosis and decide if a new computer might be the better option... It probably will be!

"not fully plugged in"... IDIOT!

galeener

Distinguished

As you are calling people names I quess you have been called an idiot several times and are just sharing you shame.
For your information a partially unplugged sata cable will still sometimes show up but have errors and will not boot.
You don't have to be computer literate to open the system and check the connections.
The entire system list some places for less than $300.00. I was trying to give him some free help before he spent any money.
You calling me names in no way helps the op with his problems. He asked for help here first so I would think he doesn't want to take it in to a shop yet.
Try an help a little more instead off just trying to inflate your ego and make an idiot out of you self with your useless comments. The reason I asked about him getting any disk is because if he has to get a new hdd and load an OS he may not have a system disk but may have a driver disk and software.