Closed Solved

ViewSonic VA1912wb power button locked

Hi Expert

I tried to google before posting here but i could nor find an answer to what I am looking for

When I try to switch off my computer LCD monitor ViewSonic VA1912we it pops up a message :

Power Button Locked

I tried to hold down power button for about 30 sec no joy

I tried to press power button and upper arrow button still no joy

What would be other suggestion I should try ?

I am using windows 7 ultimate

Thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about viewsonic va1912wb power button locked
  1. We should have how to google classes or something.... :P

    here you go:

    Quote:

    Power Button Lock
    This mode locks the power of the LCD dislay in the ON position.

    • Power Button Lock: Press and hold [1] and the down arrow for 10
    seconds. If the power button is pressed the message Power Button Locked
    will display for 5 seconds. With or without this setting, after a power failure,
    your LCD dislay’s power will automatically turn ON when power is restored.

    • Power Button Unlock: Press and hold [1] and the down arrow again for
    10 seconds.


    First entry when googling "ViewSonic power button locked" :)
  2. Hi Pallimud

    Quote:
    We should have how to google classes or something..

    You are right I shouldn't have said that.
    I should have said that : I have already googled but what I have found didn't help me out to solve the issue


    Quote:
    Power Button Lock
    This mode locks the power of the LCD dislay in the ON position.

    • Power Button Lock: Press and hold [1] and the down arrow for 10
    seconds. If the power button is pressed the message Power Button Locked
    will display for 5 seconds. With or without this setting, after a power failure,
    your LCD dislay’s power will automatically turn ON when power is restored.

    • Power Button Unlock: Press and hold [1] and the down arrow again for
    10 seconds.

    Yes I did find that and I did try it as below :

    Quote:
    I tried to hold down power button for about 30 sec no joy

    I tried to press power button and upper arrow button still no joy



    Quote:
    What would be other suggestion I should try ?

    Still I am waiting for alternative solution

    Thanks
  3. Touché :P

    Seems strange that you cannot turn it off with the standard method. Try resetting the monitor with this:

    Quote:

    1. AC power off (near the VGA/DVI connectors of the monitor)
    2. Press and hold the [Up] and [Power] buttons (front panel)
    3. AC power on
    4. Keeping holding until the message "ALL RESET" appears
  4. Quote:

    1. AC power off (near the VGA/DVI connectors of the monitor)
    2. Press and hold the [Up] and [Power] buttons (front panel)
    3. AC power on
    4. Keeping holding until the message "ALL RESET" appears

    I tried the above and still I am experiencing the same problem

    Regards
  5. Did it say "All Reset" or nothing happened?
  6. It does not say : " All Reset " nothing happened at all although I repeated your instruction twice
  7. Best answer
    Did you hold the up arrow or the down arrow the first time? The first one I mentioned the down arrow and the [1] key, but I realized you said you did the up arrow and the [1] key. Double check that.
  8. Quote:
    The first one I mentioned the down arrow and the [1] key,

    Quote:
    Double check that.

    Yes Pallimud that solved the issue , thanks for that
    I was pressing the wrong combination buttons
    Appreciate your help
  9. Best answer selected by zillah.
  10. your solution did not work for my VA1912wb, i tried all combinations (up arrow + power, down arrow + power, 1+ power) Nothin worked.

    Can you please help me out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Viewsonic Power Graphics