Status
Not open for further replies.

vyrulent

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
(I don't know if this is in the right spot, it seems like it would go more with the Windows 7 Section but this happened when I bought a new motherboard so I think I could get more help on this section.)

Hello, I recently ordered some new parts for my computer. Before I was using an AMD Phenom II x4 955 overclocked to 3.8 ghz. Yesterday I received my i5 2500k processor that I want to use. I also ordered an Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard for this processor. My computer was working completely fine with the previous components, however now It doesn't want to work. Every time I turn the computer on, I get to the part where windows is loading and it hangs for a second then Blue Screens. I cannot tell you the information that the Blue Screen says because it shows for maybe half a second then the system reboots. Sometimes it will get past that without blue screening but will then blue screen at the login screen. This is a different blue screen error message though. This one also goes by pretty fast but I have been able to make out the word AODDriver2.sys. To my knowledge, this has something to do with AMD Overdrive that I previously had installed whenever I was using my AMD processor. The only thing I can think of to fix this is to put my brother's hard drive in my computer along with mine, and boot from his hard drive, then delete the files for AMD Overdrive on my Hard Drive as I will not be needing them anymore. But I don't think this will solve the first bluescreen I mentioned. I have tried reseating the RAM dimms, and moving them to different dimm slots, but that didn't help. Could I need to reseat the CPU? In the P8P67 UEFI BIOS it recognizes all 8 gigs of my RAM and recognizes the CPU with the correct speeds and everything. I'm completely lost here, any help? :cry:

edit: Forgot to give my system specs for reference:

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
8 gigs of G. Skill Sniper
Nvidia GTX 570
Ultra 750w PSU
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

Solution
The issue here is that you have loaded on your hdd all of the files and drivers for the other motherboard and cpu so before you took out the old MB and cpu you should have deleted those files. Since you didn't one senario would be to do what you posted and put back the other MB and cpu and delete the files , the other solution would be to reload windows.
I think you should at least do one thing at a time and get the AMD boost files off the hdd and then deal with the other problem next because they mat or may not be connected. The only thing that is holding you up right now is the hdd so try to get those boost files off and see.

vyrulent

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
I have also just read that when changing chipsets I need to reinstall windows. I didn't have to do this in the past but I was only going from AM2+ to AM3 and then to AM3+. Nothing as drastic as going from AM3+ to Intel P67. If I can't figure it out pretty soon I will reinstall windows to see if that helps.

The issue here is that you have loaded on your hdd all of the files and drivers for the other motherboard and cpu so before you took out the old MB and cpu you should have deleted those files. Since you didn't one senario would be to do what you posted and put back the other MB and cpu and delete the files , the other solution would be to reload windows.
I think you should at least do one thing at a time and get the AMD boost files off the hdd and then deal with the other problem next because they mat or may not be connected. The only thing that is holding you up right now is the hdd so try to get those boost files off and see.

Solution

Unfortunatly for your files on your hdd the reinstalling of Windows will most assuredly work.

vyrulent

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011

I think what I will do is just reinstall windows. I don't have any files that are crucial to me keeping and I think starting off with a clean slate will be better anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.