Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connecting chassis to 970 extreme 3 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 9, 2012 4:51:20 PM

I know this is a stupid question but here goes. I am installing the ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 into a Diablotek Evo chassis. I had no trouble connecting to my power supply, drives, etc... but cannot find where to connect the powor switch, and reset switch and led.
February 9, 2012 11:51:36 PM

lol ^ +1 internets
m
0
l
Related resources
February 10, 2012 2:55:54 PM

clutchc said:
Apparently you don't have a manual. Pg. 27
ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/970%20Extreme3.pdf


Thank you for the link. I must have over looked it in the manual 20 times. It was not in the table of contents and the kids at the center I bought my board and chassis at did not know. Thanks again brother.

m
0
l
February 10, 2012 3:31:07 PM

prfurgason said:
I know this is a stupid question but here goes. I am installing the ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 into a Diablotek Evo chassis. I had no trouble connecting to my power supply, drives, etc... but cannot find where to connect the powor switch, and reset switch and led.


Look in the book page 2 - items 25 & 26

Vincent
m
0
l
February 11, 2012 4:39:41 PM

Vincent Mizuro said:
Look in the book page 2 - items 25 & 26

Vincent


25 is the consumer infrared module and 26 is USB

I thought the power switch, reset, etc... was #23 System Panel Header 1. I am probably wrong because I still can't get the power switch to work. I also still have to connect the audio from the front of the chassis.
m
0
l
a c 417 V Motherboard
February 11, 2012 6:09:42 PM

prfurgason said:
25 is the consumer infrared module and 26 is USB

I thought the power switch, reset, etc... was #23 System Panel Header 1. I am probably wrong because I still can't get the power switch to work. I also still have to connect the audio from the front of the chassis.

You are correct. Item 23 is the FrontPanel Header where you connect the wires you are concerned about. That's where all the LEDs and switches go. If you have a mobo speaker, connect it on item 24. Some items like the speaker are polarity sensitive, so watch for + and -

Usually blk and another color: the Black is (-)
Usually wht and another color: the White is (-)
m
0
l
February 11, 2012 9:19:53 PM

clutchc said:
You are correct. Item 23 is the FrontPanel Header where you connect the wires you are concerned about. That's where all the LEDs and switches go. If you have a mobo speaker, connect it on item 24. Some items like the speaker are polarity sensitive, so watch for + and -

Usually blk and another color: the Black is (-)
Usually wht and another color: the White is (-)


Thank you. I am still unable to get this thing to work so I am going to tear it down and start over from scratch. Are you using the same motherboard?
m
0
l
a c 417 V Motherboard
February 11, 2012 10:08:24 PM

prfurgason said:
Thank you. I am still unable to get this thing to work so I am going to tear it down and start over from scratch. Are you using the same motherboard?

No, but motherboards are basically pretty standard when it comes to wiring locations. What seems to be your problem?
m
0
l
February 12, 2012 6:05:26 PM

nothing powers up or comes on. I thought it was the power supply so I took it back for a new one. I still have the same problem.
m
0
l
a c 417 V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 7:15:32 PM

prfurgason said:
nothing powers up or comes on. I thought it was the power supply so I took it back for a new one. I still have the same problem.

Might be the motherboard. Most of my fails have been due to the boards. Assemble the board, CPU/Fan, memory, graphics card, and power suppy on an insulated surface. In other words, breadboard it. See if you can boot to BIOS. You can turn on the system by shorting the 2 pins the Pwr Sw plugs into with a screwdriver blade.
m
0
l
March 7, 2012 4:42:13 PM

It was the power supply!!!!! This was brand new straight out of the box and was bought to replace another power supply that was bad out of the box. Two in a row. Simply amazing. Thank you all for your help.
m
0
l
a c 417 V Motherboard
March 7, 2012 4:59:16 PM

prfurgason said:
It was the power supply!!!!! This was brand new straight out of the box and was bought to replace another power supply that was bad out of the box. Two in a row. Simply amazing. Thank you all for your help.

That is odd. But all's well that ends well. Enjoy.
m
0
l
March 9, 2012 6:47:14 PM

clutchc said:
That is odd. But all's well that ends well. Enjoy.


Hey, I have almost the same problem here. I have an Asrock 970 extreme 3 motherboard. I turn the pc on and nothing happens on the screen, it remains black. All the coolers are working (cpu + video).

Now, I don't know if I should have a chassis speaker header for this type of board, cause i don't hear any bip when i press the start button, could that be the problem ?

I've tried restarting the cmos (with battery and jumper) but still nothing..Could you please give me a hand here, I would very much appreciate it, thanks..
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 1:55:51 PM

It was a broken mb, they replaced it and now everything works just fine (they don't know what was wrong with it)
The mb was new, only the package in which it came was damaged when I bought it (this was the offer for which you received a discount)...I think some you get right, others not..:) 
thanks..
m
0
l
March 20, 2013 8:00:33 PM

I built my pc but when i use it it crashes randomly, more so when i try a game or surf the web, and i end up having to restart the pc. The screen tends to be a different color or pattern each time. I got a new 600w PSU and it keeps happening. Help please.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-H101-22FK-RA 30.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card:Asus Radeon HD 7770 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply *update Mod X Stream-Pro 600w PSU
Optical Drive:Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer
Case:Apevia X-Plorer2 Black/Green ATX Mid Tower Case
m
0
l
September 20, 2013 7:50:56 AM

Hi Makai:
Did you manged to solve the problem, I am facing the same exact problem. After about 3 to 5 hours my monitor shows random colors and then after some time PC shuts down.
I am using ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 Motherboard and 500W PSU CoolerMaster Thunder 500W

Please help if you found the solution or any kind of directions will help a lot.
Regards
Amit Patekar

Makai Campbell said:
I built my pc but when i use it it crashes randomly, more so when i try a game or surf the web, and i end up having to restart the pc. The screen tends to be a different color or pattern each time. I got a new 600w PSU and it keeps happening. Help please.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-H101-22FK-RA 30.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card:Asus Radeon HD 7770 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply *update Mod X Stream-Pro 600w PSU
Optical Drive:Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer
Case:Apevia X-Plorer2 Black/Green ATX Mid Tower Case


m
0
l
!