Sign in with
Your question

AMD confirms Llano Mobile launch for June 14

Last response: in CPUs
June 8, 2011 10:45:06 PM

Yes, the trigger is being pulled on Llano for laptops. The timing seems to coincide with the second day of the AFDS (Fusion Dev Summit) so I guess we'll get lots of demos on OpenCL and DirectX.

FudZ

and the lineup supposedly will be 4 quads and 3 duals. The A8-3510 was already shown more than keeping up with SB mobile and will supposedly only be $170. I think Llano will be even more popular than Zacate, especially the beefier dual core with twice the shaders (WinterPark 160SPs). I believe that one is around $80. With dual graphics, they will make pretty powerful gaming laptops.

I'm just waiting to see the 3GHz+ desktop models. I estimate the improvements will give 15-20% over Deneb.

a b à CPUs
June 8, 2011 11:36:42 PM

This really isn't a big deal. What people really care about is Bulldozer, which we may not see until as late August or early September. Come back to us once that happens.
June 8, 2011 11:46:50 PM

this is awesome. i would so get a llano laptop if once they come out. im dying to try all the new stuff. :D 

Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 9, 2011 12:06:36 AM

jprahman said:
This really isn't a big deal. What people really care about is Bulldozer, which we may not see until as late August or early September. Come back to us once that happens.

I disagree. I think that Llano is AMD's chance to actually do something in the mobile sector that is worthwhile. I have to see power numbers first, but it looks like the ideal laptop for teens and young adults.
June 11, 2011 6:16:33 AM

Do you know when they're releasing the desktop chips for llano?
June 12, 2011 3:00:09 AM

vz7 said:
Do you know when they're releasing the desktop chips for llano?

if anything by or in july is my best bet.
!