Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New mobo fail, now no display on old one. Help!

Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2012 5:55:13 PM

Hello, I recently attempted to upgrade my MoBo. But it would even get power, I think I got a DOA.
So I put my old MoBo back in to wait for my new one to arrive. But now its not displaying anything on
the screen. I thought I might have screwed up my video card so I took that out and tried the onboard
video, but that didn't work either. The system runs and all the fans and lights come on, its just that nothing
is showing up on the screen! Help!!!
oh, and something else that is weird is that when I have my video card it the fan on it runs at like 100%, or at
least thats what it sounds like. Its never done that before and I've never had a problem with nothing
displaying on my screen before, it just says no HDMI detected. So i tried a DVI cable in teh DVI spot, still nothing.
HELP!!!

More about : mobo fail display

Best solution

a c 176 V Motherboard
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 6:14:14 PM

I would shut down and unplug the psu and then remove the cmos battery and wait a few minutes and put it back in and plug in the psu and make sure that all of the power connectors are pluged in and seated all the way in. Make sure that the pci-e power plugs are pluged into the video card all the way and that the video card is seated all the way in also the ram sticks are seated all the way in and that the hdd cables and plugs are connected properly. Then try starting the Pc and see if it makes any difference.
February 9, 2012 6:46:37 PM

ok, I'm going to try resetting the cmos that way. I've done everything else. I'll be sure to update if it works. Thank you
Related resources
February 9, 2012 8:34:54 PM

JDriggers said:
Hello, I recently attempted to upgrade my MoBo. But it would even get power, I think I got a DOA.
So I put my old MoBo back in to wait for my new one to arrive. But now its not displaying anything on
the screen. I thought I might have screwed up my video card so I took that out and tried the onboard
video, but that didn't work either. The system runs and all the fans and lights come on, its just that nothing
is showing up on the screen! Help!!!
oh, and something else that is weird is that when I have my video card it the fan on it runs at like 100%, or at
least thats what it sounds like. Its never done that before and I've never had a problem with nothing
displaying on my screen before, it just says no HDMI detected. So i tried a DVI cable in teh DVI spot, still nothing.
HELP!!!

JDriggers- Gibsonton, FL? Two motherboard issues? Are you taking ESD precaution? Does the monitor display anything with power on but no PC connection?
February 9, 2012 11:34:04 PM

Best answer selected by JDriggers.
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 6:27:58 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!