Sony Vaio J series upgrade

I use my pc mostly for gaming. Can you upgrade a Sony Vaio all in one J series intergrated computer?
5 answers Last reply
More about sony vaio series upgrade
  1. Not really. Once you max out the memory your options become much more limited. You can usually replace your HDD with a faster, larger capacity model. If you are really brave, you can take it apart and add a faster CPU, but these systems are more like laptops than desktops and there isn't a lot you can do to expand them.

What model do you have and what do you have in mind?
  2. I have a VGC-JS200 Series Sony Vaio. Need better graphics card. Or can you suggest a specific allocation amount.
  3. From what I saw on-line, you can't upgrade the graphics card. In the BIOS, I am sure you have memory allocation settings (I assume that is what you are asking about). If so, anything more than 512MB (if supported would be a waste). In fact, 256 is probably good assuming you have 2 to 4 GB of main memory.
  4. I do have 4 GB of main memory. Basically, there's nothing I can do to upgrade my graphics. I guess I'll look in the BIOS and look at the mem allocation.
  5. Been reading your comments! I am brave but cannot get into my Sony VPCL14, can you give me some clues to help get the back off?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Computer Sony Vaio Graphics