Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gaming
  • Computer
  • Sony Vaio
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 4, 2011 4:36:00 PM

I use my pc mostly for gaming. Can you upgrade a Sony Vaio all in one J series intergrated computer?

More about : sony vaio series upgrade

a c 290 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 4, 2011 5:07:10 PM

Not really. Once you max out the memory your options become much more limited. You can usually replace your HDD with a faster, larger capacity model. If you are really brave, you can take it apart and add a faster CPU, but these systems are more like laptops than desktops and there isn't a lot you can do to expand them.

What model do you have and what do you have in mind?
m
l
January 4, 2011 5:19:00 PM

I have a VGC-JS200 Series Sony Vaio. Need better graphics card. Or can you suggest a specific allocation amount.
m
l
Related resources
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 4, 2011 7:49:09 PM

From what I saw on-line, you can't upgrade the graphics card. In the BIOS, I am sure you have memory allocation settings (I assume that is what you are asking about). If so, anything more than 512MB (if supported would be a waste). In fact, 256 is probably good assuming you have 2 to 4 GB of main memory.
m
l
January 5, 2011 11:20:21 AM

I do have 4 GB of main memory. Basically, there's nothing I can do to upgrade my graphics. I guess I'll look in the BIOS and look at the mem allocation.
m
l
April 22, 2011 8:14:12 PM

Been reading your comments! I am brave but cannot get into my Sony VPCL14, can you give me some clues to help get the back off?
m
l