xfx 6950 2 gb
gskill ripjaws 2x4gb
rosewill 650w psu
ocz agility 3 120gb ssd

Ran fine for 15 hours.
Played Arma2 like a boss.
THEN:
Netflix brought my baby to its knees.
The screen started artifacting and going black.
It'd come back up with "device driver has recovered."
Now it won't boot under any circumstances.
With the gpu installed Dr debug gives me code "62 installation of the south bridge runtime services"
With the gpu out I get "A3 Ide enable"or "A6 scsi enable.
Ive switched the cords to the ssd and plugged it into different sockets on the mobo.
Ive moved the ram from 1-3 to 2-4
nothing helps.
I thought originally it was the gpu but since i can't even boot when it's out, the mobo or ssd are
now suspect. I don't have another hdd to test with.
how can i tell whether i should rma the mobo or ssd?

The process of booting is that when you press the start button the power is put to the motherboard and the motherboard 's bios then runs a series of checks to make sure that the cpu , ram , video card and hdd are all ok and ready to go and it signifies that with the post beep and then the process is handed over to the Windows boot loader which then loads Windows.
Are you hearing the post beep?
If you are not hearing the post beep then it is one of those four things that are holding the process up and that's where Dr. Debug comes in and helps with the error codes.
Because there is no way to test the hdd unless you have another machine to put it in I would try unpluging the psu and removing the cmos battery and then putting it back in and pluging in the power supply and see if that helps. While you have the cmos battery out also rtake out the video card and then put it back in when you put the battery back in.

I have the cmos button on my board as well but there are circunstances where the button doesn't quite do it and the battery removal trick does. The button is good for reseting the bios but when you want to clear the component part from the motherboard I found that removing the battery works best.

maker

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I had tried the cmos button.

So:
Took out the card and battery.

Replaced both.
No post beep.
Hangs at 62: The southbridge services.

Took them both out again.
Only replaced the battery with no gpu.
Hangs at A3: IDE enable.