Computer will not boot when memory slot B2 is filled

tariside

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Specs:

-Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
-ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 9-9-9-24
-Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...
-EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
-FSP Group AURUM GOLD 700W (AU-700) ATX12V/EPS 12V SLI Certified CrossFire ready 80PLUS GOLD Certified Compatible with Core ...

Hey guys. I'm fairly frustrated with this. This is my second build. Which seems to have become infinitely more complicated than my first. Seems that with more power comes more responsibility but anyways.

When I have a memory stick in the b2 slot of my motherboard the computer won't boot. It powers on then no monitor, no bios as far as I can tell, I don't have a system speaker so no beeps, the DRAM LED glows solid red, it stays on for maybe 10 seconds I haven't counted exactly then shuts down, and repeats that cycle.

When the first three are filled or ANY variation of the first three are filled it runs fine, but as long as the fourth slot is filled it goes through the described cycle. I have also tried using different sticks in the fourth slot and used all the memory in the first three slots. All four sticks that I have work

I've tried manually setting the memory timings in bios no luck, tried resetting the cmos by switching the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3. no luck. I've tried using the MemOk button as suggested in the user manual. No luck. Do I have a malfunctioning board here? My last knowledgable attempt will be to reset bios by pulling the MB battery but assume that won't work, unless I post otherwise later.

While I don't consider myself completely naive in the knowledge of computer building, I could be over my head here when it comes to hardware jargin, lingo, so any very descriptive answers would be helpful.

In the meantime I can run 8gb(perhaps 12gb but for some reason I don't feel like its a good idea to be running dual channel A and single channel B(could be wrong)

Thanks guys!