EXOTIC TECH

Plasma Manifold A 20% less fuel burn

1-) Does it work with Hyp engine too ?

Agnonic Emitter A +100 shield

2-) Can you exceed the maximum shield hull ?

Tachyon Sensor Array A +100 Scan power

3-) Will this extend my range of scan ? or just increase the chance to spot
something ?
3A-) Do you find a +100 bonus usefull ? Would you recommend this tech for
Empire or Rebel ?

Battle computer & Jammer (+10-+50 attack bonus , +10-+50 evasive bonus)
Those 2 seem very good, the bonus apply to ship.

4-) The bonus work for fighter too ?

Borlox Armor

5-) by how much the armor is increased ?

Thanks in advance

Lord Lancelot
7 answers Last reply
More about exotic tech

    And to you first point, hyp engines burn not less fuel with exotics.

    Eric wrote:
    > You are correct. Best shields possible in the game are 3900 (not including
    > special ships).
    >
    > > For the shield let's take a BullRout with a max hull shield of 210, with a
    > > shield of 210.
    > >
    > > From your answer It will have 310 total shield with the +100 Exotic on.
    > >
    > > and rush will have 3100...
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Yes, and remember that Evil Empire shields are 150% effective, and this
    apply also for exotics. For example, a Gorby with no exotic has a
    shield of 3000, but it works as it has 4500, if you buy the +100 shield
    bonus, you'll be buying +150, with a total of 4650.

    Buy Borlox armor if at last you are building 5000 armor points in
    ships, or if you need to repair your warships every turn.

    +100 scanner, always is usefull.

    "Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote in message
    > Plasma Manifold A 20% less fuel burn
    >
    > 1-) Does it work with Hyp engine too ?

    I don't think so, not sure about this one though

    > Agnonic Emitter A +100 shield
    >
    > 2-) Can you exceed the maximum shield hull ?

    You mean have sheilds greater than 3000? yes..

    > Tachyon Sensor Array A +100 Scan power
    >
    > 3-) Will this extend my range of scan ? or just increase the chance to
    spot
    > something ?

    extend the range, thereby increasing your chance to spot something

    > 3A-) Do you find a +100 bonus usefull ? Would you recommend this tech for
    > Empire or Rebel ?

    I do, and I do. Greater scanning range means greater info gathered, the more
    info the better.

    > Battle computer & Jammer (+10-+50 attack bonus , +10-+50 evasive bonus)
    > Those 2 seem very good, the bonus apply to ship.
    >
    > 4-) The bonus work for fighter too ?

    Bonuses are for ships only

    > Borlox Armor
    >
    > 5-) by how much the armor is increased ?

    20% a turn. This is a wonderful exotic, especially if your ships are heavily
    armored. Get his and you don't need to armor your ships when they are built
    as in 5 turns they will be fully armored.

    Cheers,
    Eric

    For the shield let's take a BullRout with a max hull shield of 210, with a
    shield of 210.

    From your answer It will have 310 total shield with the +100 Exotic on.

    and rush will have 3100...

    Thanks

    "Loki" <loki.net@gmx.net> wrote in message

    > And to you first point, hyp engines burn not less fuel with exotics.

    Is this also true for light speed? As in, this tech does not reduce the
    cost of operating your engines at light speed?

    Light Speed will always burn 1000kt fuel when on. Distance and exotics have
    no influence on this.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    > Is this also true for light speed? As in, this tech does not reduce the
    > cost of operating your engines at light speed?

Exotic Video Games