Hello, my motherboard recently died, and so I replaced both it, the RAM, and the power supply. After fitting everything into a new case, upon start up, the monitor will not exit power save mode. I cannot see any boot progress whatsoever, not even the initial screen.
Here's what I have:
- TOPOWER 650W power supply
- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MB
- 8GB Sector DDR3 RAM
- GIGABYTE GA-870A-USB3 motherboard
- Can't remember the exact chip but it's fully compatible with the board.
- 27" LG monitor with HDMI connection
Here's what I've tried:
- Moving the RAM around, trying one stick, two sticks
- Switching the power cords for the monitor and tower
- Removing and reinserting the graphics card
- Also tried two other ATI cards
- Pressing F8 upon start up, however my keyboard is not working (no lights)
- Checked that all internal power cords are connected properly
- Unplugged HDMI, attempted to use DVI
And still nothing. Please, oh PLEASE help me out here. I'm an online designer and though my clients are being patient, I can't expect them to wait forever! Thanks in advance.
More about :monitor power save mode replaced parts
Did you replace your dead motherboard with exactly the same model motherboard?
1) try a different monitor and cable to confirm it's not the monitor or cable.
2) Is it possible for you to use VGA? There might be a BIOS setting or something?
3) Turn off your PSU and take the little round battery out of your motherboard. Let it sit for a minute or two. But that battery back in and try again. (While the battery is out, you might as well make sure it isn't dead).
4) Move your 7900 to the other PCIe slot and try again. (long shot)