Zambezi wont recognize 1866 ram

I can see that this has been asked a bunch of times, but I can't seem to figure out what is going on. I am trying to set up my new cpu/mobo/ram combo, and for whatever reason my mobo will not allow me to set my RAM speed to 1866.

In the M.I.T. menu, I have tried setting the 'Memory Clock' to x9.33. I have tried adjusting the CPU Freq. up to 233 and then setting the memory clock to x6.00, and I have just tried out this seemingly convenient 'DRAM Easy Overclock Profile' and set it to DDR3 1866. All of which have been to no avail. I am getting frustrated trying to get this set up, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

After I make any of these changes, I receive an error message: "The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking"

Here are the specs (all of which have been confirmed to be supported by this mobo):

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 125W
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (BIOS: F7)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)

I was under the impression that the Zambezi processors and AM3+ mobos would allow setting DRAM to 1866 with little hassle...
2 answers Last reply
More about zambezi wont recognize 1866
  1. With a little more hair pulling and general frustration, I finally was able to figure out the main issue. You HAVE to make sure you specify your memory timing. Gigabytes automatic configuration is useless. In my case I had to go with 9-10-9-27. Hope this helps future troubleshooters.
  2. Actually enabling the XMP profile will do it Automatically. Even though the XMP is for Intel, you need to just let the Mobo know what is your requirement. And it functions in accordance .
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair RAM Memory