Old Video of AMD chip burn up

Here you go. That's the classic P4 vs. Athlon without a heatsink video from this site back in 2000.

I should probably add that the kind of catastrophic overheating seen with the old Athlon was due to the motherboard Tom's using in the video not supporting any sort of protection against overheating. Overheating protection in the form of shutting the computer off when the CPU temp got too high was out for AMD boards at the time of the video but it was not universally adopted in all motherboards. By the time the later Athlon XPs came out, it was, and all successive AMD CPUs have catastrophic overheating protection.

LOL! Kids are Murphy's law incarnate, IMO. My 4-yr-old somehow managed to download, install & OK the license agreement to Sony's version of Second Life - PSN Home - while I briefly left the room with my PS3 on in an attempt to download the free games Sony offered to make up for the PSN outage. When I came back in to check on the download progress, he was steering some hot babe avatar around her apartment :p..