Sign in with
Your question

Wrong resolution HELP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2011 6:30:55 AM

Hi i recently ought a new graphics card and the screen is at the wrong resoloution. I have tried reinstalling he drivers and lots of others and still no fix

Please help

More about : wrong resolution

January 5, 2011 8:36:20 AM

What is the resolution of your monitor and what resolution is your gfx card putting out ?

Did you install your monitor drivers ?

Are you using VGA or DVI or HDMI cable to output video to your monitor ?

January 5, 2011 12:28:41 PM

Right click your desktop, go in to display settings. There should be a bar under a picture of your screen where you can toggle your resolution. =^.^=
Related resources
January 5, 2011 4:48:37 PM

My monitor res is 1920x1080 i don't know what my gfx is putting out assume it is 1600x1050 i am using a dvi cable into a vga adapter then vga into the monitor
January 6, 2011 6:49:02 AM

Install your monitor drivers and choose Analog if the installer asks you.

With VGA and analog, you may have difficulty having 1920 by 1080. Therefore, your monitor's scaling engine has to resize everything to 1920 by 1080 because that is the native resolution of your monitor ( if it is digital in nature like LDC, LED, Plasma, etc. ). This rescaling degrades picture quality and may cause pixellation.

You should immediately get rid of VGA cable if possible.

Please let us know what input connectors your monitor has and what output connectors your gfx card provides so that we can suggest you the best connection option available to you.

If you do not know the names of inputs and outputs, you can give us the model names of your monitor and gfx card, such as LG E2250V and Sapphire Radeon HD5770.
April 4, 2011 1:44:57 PM

kastor900 said:
Hi i recently ought a new graphics card and the screen is at the wrong resoloution. I have tried reinstalling he drivers and lots of others and still no fix

Please help

hello kastor900

I bought this monitor LG E2250V but I lost the drivers. I can not install the screen on my computer
Could you pls upload them to rapidshare?
I have windows 7 ultimate
my mail is: ikarafotias@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot
!