Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Please help i am stressed

Last response: in CPUs
June 10, 2011 12:44:18 AM

i applied thermal paste to my new H50 because i accidentally touched the stock one that came with it the other day and relized this is bad

now after i replaced the thermal paste with arctic 5 i am running at 50 degrees Celsius as apposed to my regular 40

can someone please help me?

More about : stressed

a c 199 à CPUs
June 10, 2011 12:45:42 AM

You probably applied too much too it, you dont need much, a tiny blob in the middle will get spread out when you mount the cooler, if you use too much it will act as an insulator and raise your temperatures.
m
l
June 10, 2011 12:52:58 AM

i am trying to use a little less, this is my thirsd time applying and the temps are still high, i am really scared.
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2011 12:53:46 AM

how tiny is tiny?....should i spread it out?
m
l
June 10, 2011 1:11:07 AM

i havent installed windows yet, i am going off of my bios right now....but i did it for the 4th time and still am at 50 degrees. i should have never done this....
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 10, 2011 1:24:28 AM

Having high temps in the BIOS is normal. The CPU cannot go into its low-power idle mode until it boots fully into Windows. You may even see as high as 65-70ºC in the BIOS.
m
l
June 10, 2011 1:27:14 AM

why was my bios idle running at 40 before and then 50 now after i applied the paste?. it looks like the same amount as before, i am just confused.

thanks everyone for the replies, i appreciate the help
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 10, 2011 1:46:57 AM

As you keep running the system, the CPU keeps getting warmer because it can't power down to idle. It will continue to get warmer and warmer.

By the way, you won't get optimal temps from AS5 until you complete the 200+ hour curing time that AS5 requires. This is one of the reasons that AS5 is only a middle-of-the-road thermal compound nowadays, along with the fact that it's electrically conductive. The good stuff today requires no curing time at all.
June 11, 2011 5:37:00 AM

Best answer selected by ReliJon.
m
l
September 4, 2011 5:41:35 PM

There is a process taught by an NGO named ' The Art Of Living ' located globally..

It takes you out of depression, for sure you will never ever get Stressed after doing this course

for more details , please log on to http://www.artofliving.org/in-en. wish You a stressfree life...
m
l
!