Sign in with
Your question

AMD 1090t and Intel 2500k

Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2012 12:56:13 PM

Hi,

I want to put it simple straight.

This computer is not for gaming or browsing or flashy stuff or for everyday use. This is a strict Corporate system. I will run a SAP Software on this.

I have no idea about the Processors and suitable Motherboards which run Win. Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit Operating System very very well on the machine.

For Processors I have

1. Intel Core i5 2500 or 2500K
2. AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition or 1100T Black Edition

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROCESSOR WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

For Mother Boards I have

1. Asus P8P67 Mother Board
2. Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MOTHERBOARD WHICH YOU THINK WILL SOLVE MY PURPOSE.

Let me know if You have any suggestion for the Processor/MotherBoard combination.

Quote:
NO GRAPHICS,GAMES,FLASHY STUFF. ONLY ONLY SERIOUS HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER CUM SERVER

RAM for this Machine

1. Kingston 1333 MHz
2. Corsair 1600 MHz

I'm in India. We do not have 8GB RAM sticks here. So I'm forced to use 4 X 4GB sticks for now. Once I get 8GB sticks then I will upgrade to 32 GB RAM.

Cooling System

Do You have any idea on the Cooling System. or Casing like that of Cooler Master or any Cooling Fans.
Frankly I do not have any idea.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Masten.

More about : amd 1090t intel 2500k

a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2012 2:12:31 PM

both processors will be fine I might go with the 6 core since it is a server setup running database software. But really they will both perform almost the same. you will be good either way.

Thent
m
l
a c 329 V Motherboard
February 10, 2012 3:04:52 PM

In this case I would go with 6 core AMD as well : )
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2012 8:22:02 PM

ReviverSoft said:
" I'm in India. We do not have 8GB RAM sticks here. So I'm forced to use 4 X 4GB sticks for now. Once I get 8GB sticks then I will upgrade to 32 GB RAM. "

A quick Google search returned these:

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_de...

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_de...

First of all, If You do not want to give any useful info. its fine. No problem. Do not show that as if You got some great info.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN THE FIRST LINK SAYS COMING SOON. IF YOU KNOW ENGLISH AND HOW TO READ, READ IT PROPERLY.

Thanks a lot for Your suggestion.

YOU DO NOT ANSWER WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR, ITS FINE. GETTING SOME PIECE OF *** AND SAYING THAT SEE I GOT SOME GREAT INFO. MEANS USELESS TO ME.

If you do not know about this ever changing Hardware, its fine. Nobody know everything. So if possible contribute to the forum and world. Otherwise Learn from it. A lifetime is not sufficient for that.

When I'm mainly looking at a Great Processor, Motherboard combination and RAM combination, CAN YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I USE THIS COMING SOON RAM AND PLEASE MR.REVIVERSOFT, PLEASE TELL ME IN WHICH HOLE SHOULD I PUT THIS RAM.

ALSO FYI. THIS IS INDIA. ONLINE SHOPPING IS NOT THAT GOOD AS IT IS THE CASE IN THE USA.
You do not get anything except empty boxes if You order anything Online here in INDIA.
Online shopping = our OWN *** shopping here in INDIA.

Thanks,
Masten.

m
l
February 12, 2012 4:35:22 AM

hello op im also from india the program if uses multiple cores should opt for amd infact i am using x6 1090t right now but not saticefied i would highly recemend these specs.
Intel i5 2500k
asus sabertooth
and corsair vengence 2x4 gb if u want more ram then add another kit
mobo has 5yrs waranty and highly durable as well as not so pricy.
Also tell me where do u live i would provide prices of hardware.u will need grapic card only to display output as mobo does not have it
amd hd 5450 as u are not going to do any graphic intensifing work.:) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 12, 2012 5:36:39 AM

i haven't used sap
if it use single thread and if you want use only 1 instance of it then a i3-2130 will be good
if it use more thread (more than 2) then i5-2500k is better ,even for 6 thread i5 is only slightly below 1100t, also you can overclock that i5 to 5ghz while 1100t only go upto 4.2ghz (this overclocking of i5 will make it more faster than 1100t even in highly threaded tasks)

both cpu are around same in price and around same in multithreaded performance at stock settings, and thus
if your software use multiple thread and you do not want to overclock then go with 1100t
if you want to overclock then i5-2500k is a good choice

if your software is single threaded then i3-2100 (or i3-2130 if available, as i searched nehru place and only found i3-2100) or even a pentium g850 will be good.

Of those boards you can use any board with g850 , i3 or i5. (only difference is of chipset)

But for 1100 you will need a board with am3 socket (board for amd are cheaper than for intel)
m
l
!