Autopilot?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Okay,

A group of us have read that the autopilot feature should attempt to
normalize minerals, ore, supplies (etc, etc) based upon reserve settings of
each base. I've set the reserve levels and turned on autopilot, and set the
autopilot ship to maximum speed, but they don't move, let alone transfer
materials back to the base with the highest reserve settings (set to 20,000
kts of all ore and metals).

Has anyone gotten this extremely cool feature to work? How? :)

Chris

It is disabled cause it was confusing people.

Greetings
Sebastian

"Chris" <chris_hully@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Okay,
>
> A group of us have read that the autopilot feature should attempt to
> normalize minerals, ore, supplies (etc, etc) based upon reserve settings
> of
> each base. I've set the reserve levels and turned on autopilot, and set
> the
> autopilot ship to maximum speed, but they don't move, let alone transfer
> materials back to the base with the highest reserve settings (set to
> 20,000
> kts of all ore and metals).
>
> Has anyone gotten this extremely cool feature to work? How? :)
>
> Chris

And not working correctly.

After the AI comes out, I believe TIM plans to enable it again...
mostly because then it will work (otherwise the AI will be really
bad... maybe worse).

Chris wrote:
> Okay,
>
> A group of us have read that the autopilot feature should attempt to
> normalize minerals, ore, supplies (etc, etc) based upon reserve settings of
> each base. I've set the reserve levels and turned on autopilot, and set the
> autopilot ship to maximum speed, but they don't move, let alone transfer
> materials back to the base with the highest reserve settings (set to 20,000
> kts of all ore and metals).
>
> Has anyone gotten this extremely cool feature to work? How? :)
>
> Chris

It was disabled, but, it didn't work very well, ships just zipped around
wasting fuel.

As I understand it autopilot worked quite as intended. It was the fact
that the players themselves and their commands did interfere with the
autopilots plans that did turn the whole thing into a mess. An AI
wouldn't change that, and I don't expect autopilot to be enabled ever
again.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

There was once talk about having multiple waypoint commands to be able to be
set. eg. set transfers for planet A and planet B, planet C, etc. as the ship
passes by all of these. I do hope this is implemented someday, it would
greatly reduce turn upkeep time I think.

"Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> wrote in message
> As I understand it autopilot worked quite as intended. It was the fact
> that the players themselves and their commands did interfere with the
> autopilots plans that did turn the whole thing into a mess. An AI
> wouldn't change that, and I don't expect autopilot to be enabled ever
> again.

It doesn't seem unreasonable for beings who can make FTL ships to be
able to offload and loaded cargo over several waypoints. Don't bus
schedules do this?