MSI P67A-GD65 Coming in today!!!

justbrewit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
All the way from California to New Jersey one day early to boot! Thanks New Egg! Unfortunately I can't build it tonight... will have to wait until tomorrow! Just thought everyone should know! (all my other parts came in throughout the week from Newegg and Amazon, no problems!)

- Intel 2500K
- MSI P67A-GD65
- G.Skillz 8GB DDR3 Cl9 @ 1600
- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM
- Samsung BD Drive/DVD Burner
- Coolermaster HAF 912
- Coolermaster Hyper 212+
- XFX Black Edition 750W semi modular PSU (xfire, sli ready) Silver
- XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

I'm really stoked to start putting everything together and hoping everything works the first time! I haven't built a computer since 1998 I think... whenever the ORIGINAL AMD Athlon came out. Long time. Should be like riding a bike... I hope! Wish me luck! :bounce:

justbrewit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Well... I built it! Absolutely NO PROBLEMS whatsover... Posted on the first try... everything ran kosher... Can't complain!!

I only ran prime 95 for 20 minutes as it's 2am... temps look good, but I haven't attempted an overclock yet.

I just can't believe everything worked and is running. Thanks to everyone that helped me decide on my rig! Couldn't be happier!!

trickyhits

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
I got mine up and running yesterday and was very pleased! Today I gave the OC Genie a shot and its OC'd at 4.2, so not bad on the i5 2500k. I love this build so far and gonna give prime95 a spin shortly. Glad it worked out for you!

justbrewit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Thanks trickyhits. I think for now I will just run the OC genie as well. I'm not gonna flash the 6950 either unless I deem it necessary. I will toy around with it first, try some games out. Stoked about this build, and I still can't believe I didn't seat anything wrong or plug the wrong power connectors in.

IdiotCoder

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Hi,
I was just wondering how the ATX cable was with the XFX PSU in the HAF 912.
I read a review saying it COULD be a bit on the small side for some cases.

I am planning on buying the HAF 912 and the 850w version of your PSU so would like to check how it was in the case, does it reach round the back of the MoBo tray and then into the MoBo fine?

Thanks in advance!
:)

TRENDING THREADS