T231H Touchscreen Issues

Paejunho

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Hey there...

So I bought the ACER T231H bmidh Touchscreen monitor, which worked (as a monitor, at least) right out of the box. However, I cannot for the life of me get the touch screen to function. (Yes, I know there are two connections, and it is connected via the DVI and USB). I'm running windows 7 professional x64; my device manager shows the drivers are current, and it detects a USB controller, but when I go into the tablet PC settings to associate the touch input, the screen doesn;t respond to touch.

Actually, nothing about this monitor has really given me any indication that it is actually a "touchscreen". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if maybe this particular item's sensors are faulty.

Any suggestions?

mafizale

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
In Windows 7 you do not have to enable any of the settings for the touch screen. If all the drivers and applications are installed from the monitor manufacturer, it should work.

Either u can update the driver from the device manager or
uninstall the unknown drivers from the device manager.

While uninstalling the device, make sure you place a check mark against "Delete the driver software for this device".

Once you uninstall the device make sure you have the entire driver for your touch screen and try to reinstall the drivers.