antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
So I just bought and installed a CM Vortex Plus (best I could find given price : availability : good review ratio) and was checking out my temperatures

using Hardware Monitor, Core Temp and my ASRock mobo's software, there seems to be some inconsistencies

one is that idle temps seem to have no change whatsoever, I'm more concerned about the temps I'm getting overall

Ambient is probable 29C (according to google)

OC Tuner
Says my CPU Temp is 48C, Mobo Temp at 43C
I should add as well that this seems to be accurate, if I go with Frosty Tech's review and be just +19 ambient

HW Monitor
I don't know which one is the CPU temp, but it's a 5-7C difference nonetheless

1nvcu.png
GQBVR.png

Core Temp
Again, I can't seem to find out the CPU temps, but core temps match with HW Monitor

I'll edit and confirm temps in BIOS after a quick reboot. Perhaps add in temps while running Prime95

Any ideas on what could be happening? Should I be worried at all?

EDIT

here are the numbers after running prime95 for 10 mins. I can't run it any longer as that will skew the results. Room temperature must have risen about 1-2C already :D

Ye6WL.png

looks like +14C across all cores
SYSTIN +5C which I think is the mobo temp
CPUTIN +17C
CPU Temp (from mobo's software) +11C

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008

Thanks for the reply!

I do know that athlon II x4s are rated up to 70C, it's just a bit unsettling that mobo BIOS and mobo software tell me one thing, but two other third party tools say another.

oh well, it's not like I'll be OCing this machine or anything, just want it running in tiip-top condition