I'm clueless with technology and could really do with a bit of advice. I've just purchased a new tv and a new pc. I'm intending to use the tv as a monitor. I'd really like to be able to use the pc as tv recorder. I think I need a TV tuner to do this. Two questions...
1) Is there room in this pc to put a tv tuner in?
2) What tv tuner should I get?
3) How do I fit it?
1) Yes, but it must be a low profile (half height card).
2) A dual tuner is recommended so you can watch/record two channels at once. I recommend either the Hauppauge HVR-2250 or the AverMedia Duet A188. Both come with a low profile bracket to fit your slim computer and are PCIe-1x which your Acer needs. Link
3) Replace the full size bracket with the low profile bracket on the card. Open op your computer case (powered off of course) and plug it into the available PCIe-1x slot. Close up the case and boot your computer. Install drivers, preferably the latest from the internet, and set up the tuners in Windows Media Center.