Dragonlord K-62 vs Antec Nine Hundred two v3

FullBurstMode

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Hey all, I've made a fair amount of progress since my original advice topic here in picking out components for my system to be. However, one region that still has me wondering what to do is cases.

Before we go any further, the following are my selected parts:
Processor: Intel i5 2500k
Motherboard: Gigabyte P67X-UD3 (unless people insist I use another, I admit to not knowing enough to confidently make a decision)
RAM: Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB
Power Supply: Corsair HX750 (I've heard extremely varying opinions on what wattage I require for my needs but this seems like a safe bet from what I could gather)
Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2

In the future I intend to add another HD 6950 and probably extra drives (SSD hopefully!) and obviously I will be looking at overclocking. So with that in mind, which case do people think I should get? One shopkeeper I talked to says that if I intend to stick another 6950 in there and/or overclock, the Dragonlord won't be able to keep things cool enough. A friend contests this saying the Dragonlord should be sufficient (I have to admit, not knowing enough makes having a single intake fan vs two intake fans somewhat dubious in my mind) even with the lesser fan capability (he says if it comes down to it I can just get stronger fans...) . I like certain things about both cases and am having trouble making up my mind. The price difference is quite small (NZ$10 between them) though it is the Dragonlord that's slightly cheaper. I do recognise that I will be overclocking the core a fair bit (hence the Mugen 2) and be tinkering with the single graphics card now and be face having two cards in the future. I don't know enough to say whether claims of airflow are true either way.

So any opinions and advice on this matter would be much appreciated. Do I have any needs that will have to be satisfied (whether now or later on down the track) or anything? Is the difference in cooling not as great as people say? This would be a lot easier if they just built a case with everything I wanted in it -_-;

mniasfreemag

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
HI,

The Antec case has no holes for air intake for the PSU at the bottom. I think the Lancool dragonlord uses standard fans, so you can always swap them out for powerful ones, if you want.

FullBurstMode

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Yeah, I knew about the lack of the PSU cutout (I was pleased to find that the Dragonlord has a washable easily detached air filter even for that!) and my friend suggested the same thing with the dragonlord... someone else pointed out though that it'd make that more expensive than the Antec though (easy to see how a flippant person like me can get "lost")

Does anyone know the air flow ratings of the various fans on both cases? I recall looking up things like the Scythe Slip Stream and such which had some fairly high air flow for their size and RPM.