My i7 2600k hitting temps of 97 deg C

hajila

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Some other things to check, take the sides off of the case and get some air flow with a room fan to see if that helps. Make sure that the CPU is clear of major components like video cards and hard drives. Bundle up any loose wires inside of case that may restrict air flow.

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

the temperatures still come from core temp and real temp, both seem to be similar

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

not yet i have to go to sleep right now maybe tomorrow the thermal paste will settle ( i installed everything today), if not ill will reset the heatsink

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Thanks, that seemed to do it, now running OCCT my max temp is 70c, a little high for my taste/ or what i expected, but much better than 90C. When i lifted the Heatsink i noticed that only about half of the thermal paste made good pressure contact, the other half of the cpu had a very light film on in, which indicated i didnt push the pins in far enough. Now the only question i have is about turbo boost, im only getting 3.5ghz according to the intel turbo monitor. i was hoping higher around at least 3.8, but maybe because the max temp is 70c it wont go that far?

TRENDING THREADS