Worth Keeping?

Ari3sgr3gg0

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I finally ended up joining the site after being an avid user for quite some time. But I'm wondering if it's worth me keeping my current set up or spending some more money into upgrades. I have a Logicys 575 watt psu, Asrock alivennf6gvsta motherboard, 4gb samsung ddr2 800 ram, Amd Phenom 9850 and an evga gtx 275. I have aftermarket cooling on cpu from a Hyper 212 plus and my case has very good ventilation through out. My main use is gaming on this set up, it does good but I'm wondering if it may be best to sell the whole set up and start fresh. Any thoughts and opinions?

Solution
Keep it. You are in decent shape for being an older system... About the only thing I would do is overclock the CPU seeing as you already have a good CPU cooler. That AM2+ CPU isn't an overly great overclocker, but you should be able to get form 2.5GHz to around 3.0GHz.

I was going to say upgrade the GPU because it can benefit you now and in a future build, but the GTX 275 is solid enough to keep you gaming for a while longer in that rig.
Keep it. You are in decent shape for being an older system... About the only thing I would do is overclock the CPU seeing as you already have a good CPU cooler. That AM2+ CPU isn't an overly great overclocker, but you should be able to get form 2.5GHz to around 3.0GHz.

I was going to say upgrade the GPU because it can benefit you now and in a future build, but the GTX 275 is solid enough to keep you gaming for a while longer in that rig.

Solution

Ari3sgr3gg0

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Alright I think I'll try get past my 2.8 ghz barrier, played some bfbc2 and it performs solid at native res, tried some other games I got like far cry 2 and assassins creed. Played smoothly so I suppose I was just a little paranoid reading about all the new pc components coming out.

TRENDING THREADS