Thoughts on nzxt phantom

D

Deleted member 362816

Personal thoughts on this case?
weak points strong points i can get a black and green one for 100$ new keep that in mind.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have my current build in my sig and i want to get this one ready for bulldozer try to have the best of both worlds lol.

crystalklear64

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
neat. well from what i've seen and read:
Pros-
Mostly open design
Lots of room
Rail based HDD mounts
Neat spring loaded thumbscrews
Lots of tooless stuff
Cable management stuff everywhere
Removable top makes it easy to mess with the ports and such there

Opinion/Either way-
Looks good/unique
Fan controls on the outside of case @ 20w per fan max of 5

Cons-
No usb 3.0 port
The door/cover directly blocks a good spot for an intake fan
No removable mobo tray
You can't get the sexy red one for 100$ :(
Price is steep at 140$ with the 1200 and 932 so close but at 100$ it'd be nice for you.

crystalklear64

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007

Its actually not that much plastic. One of the reviews I saw the guy took off the majority of the plastic. He also commented on how surprisingly study the plastic parts were, but at its core the case is mostly steel, not plastic. As for fingerprints, well thats true but I don't find myself fondling my case too often...

D

Deleted member 362816

LOL! I change parts so much its not funny lol, more or less i like the look of the case i dont like the fact that it only comes with half the fans so adding more will have to happen

DonkeyTron

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

Can you link me to the black and green case? I've only ever seen the 3 basic colours. (im in canada)

D

Deleted member 362816

Lmmfao, I need a case that is going to fit the cooler-master v10 in it the choices seem to be slim. I already have the cooler so what do you recommend then? This is a personal opinion but i think that everything that Antec makes is cheap crap IMO.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have the rv01 the v10 fits in there, but that cases cooling is crap, I dont like the rv02 and the ft02 is a bit pricey.