Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New video card no signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2011 5:44:41 PM

Hey everyone! I've just bought a XFX 6870 and a Sapphire Pure 625W. So when I put my new 6870 into the PCI-e slot and the six-pins into the card I boot the computer. But the monitor is all black and says: "No signal detected!". This 625W PSU is enough, please don't spend time on trollin' it. :non: 

But when I put my old Radeon HD 5450 into the PCI-e slot everything works all fine. Also, the new XFX 6870's fan is spinning and windows is working perfectly (btw I have windows 7 64-bit).

So, my compute is a hewlett packard, p6305sc and the motherboard is a M2N68-LA (Narra6). Check it out here! --> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

Also, it seems like this guy has the same problem as I --> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/253541-15-signal-gr...

Please help me, I'd be really happy!

Also, I'm getting help from my friend, the XFX support and computing.net Are you the chosen one? Because this might be your destiny, helping..helpless..people **lol**

**Quick Edit!** Also, I've checked if there was any new BIOS updates available, but nope, nothing. Another attempt to solve this was also plugging in a HDMI cable into the video card and then using a HDMI to DVI since my monitor doesn't have HDMI.

More about : video card signal

a c 218 U Graphics card
January 5, 2011 6:00:03 PM

Do you have both the 24-pin and 4-pin power connectors connected firmly into the motherboard itself?
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:02:16 PM

Yes, I don't think windows would work without those :p 

btw thanks for the quick reply!
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2011 6:10:53 PM

does the motherboard make 3 beeps when it starts?
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:15:24 PM

RepairOne said:
does the motherboard make 3 beeps when it starts?

here it comes again, I don't really quite understand those beeps when it starts. But it does make some minor "electrical noice" when it starts.

Just started it up and listened, it somehow sounds like the power turns on three times (background sound, almost impossible to hear). Does the sound come from the speakers or the motherboard itself?

**Quick edit** Nah it doesn't make 3 beeps..
m
l

Best solution

a c 218 U Graphics card
January 5, 2011 6:20:46 PM

Xador said:
Yes, I don't think windows would work without those :p 

btw thanks for the quick reply!

Verify that they are pushed in until the retaining clips "clicks".

Looks like a nice PSU. I assume that the PCI-E cables will only plug into specific ports on the PSU itself. Make sure those are connected firmly as well. What you are describing is a GPU that isn't getting enough power.

Last, you have 2 PCI-E 6-pin connectors plugged into the GPU, right?

Not to insult, but it is often something very simple that causes things like you are dealing with. Just double checking.

Good luck!!!
a c 218 U Graphics card
January 5, 2011 6:29:22 PM

Xador said:
here it comes again, I don't really quite understand those beeps when it starts. But it does make some minor "electrical noice" when it starts.

Just started it up and listened, it somehow sounds like the power turns on three times (background sound, almost impossible to hear). Does the sound come from the speakers or the motherboard itself?

**Quick edit** Nah it doesn't make 3 beeps..

Do you mean the Windows startup sound?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2011 6:29:49 PM

options from most commmon to least common

1) improperly seated card

2) improprly seated 6 pin power connectors, 6870 should have 2 either on the back or the side depending on te vertion.

3) psu insificiant amperage

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=0...

if thats your psu it shoudl be fine assumign your using different raild for your mobo (your psu has 25 amps per rail and 3 12v rails)

4) card doa
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:56:17 PM

COLGeek said:
Verify that they are pushed in until the retaining clips "clicks".

Looks like a nice PSU. I assume that the PCI-E cables will only plug into specific ports on the PSU itself. Make sure those are connected firmly as well. What you are describing is a GPU that isn't getting enough power.

Last, you have 2 PCI-E 6-pin connectors plugged into the GPU, right?

Not to insult, but it is often something very simple that causes things like you are dealing with. Just double checking.

Good luck!!!

1. Dude.. ******* SRLSY!? IT ******* WORKS ******* NOW! *** YEAH! BAD COMPANY 2 NO LAG HIGH QUALITY HERE I ******* COME FFS.. oh and .. ye ty

2. The problem was the red 8 pin in the psu was a bit loose

THE ******* CURSE IS GONE I CAN FEEL IT!
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:56:42 PM

Best answer selected by Xador.
m
l
!