Enemy Ship Scan Info bug?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 23, 2005 7:40:54 AM

I'm scanning an enemy EE Gorbie with hull damage at 147%. I was involved in
battle with this ship last turn and at the end of it this ship had hull
damage at 98%. I sent an email to the EE player asking if something else
happened and he assured me that the ship is in generally good health. So my
scanning off this object is returning grossly false information. Is this by
design or is there a bug? I certainly hope this isn't by design, unless it's
a racial feature I've forgotten about. I'm the robots if this matters at
all. Thanks in advance for the info/thoughts.

Eric
June 23, 2005 10:38:59 AM

Looking closer at my .rst I noticed that 3 gun zeros zapped his Gorbie which
should do exactly 147% damage. His statement to me assuring me his ship was
fine must be a mistake. My bad.

Eric

"Eric" <AzureMonster@AzureMonsters.Lair> wrote in message
> I'm scanning an enemy EE Gorbie with hull damage at 147%. I was involved
in
> battle with this ship last turn and at the end of it this ship had hull
> damage at 98%. I sent an email to the EE player asking if something else
> happened and he assured me that the ship is in generally good health. So
my
> scanning off this object is returning grossly false information. Is this
by
> design or is there a bug? I certainly hope this isn't by design, unless
it's
> a racial feature I've forgotten about. I'm the robots if this matters at
> all. Thanks in advance for the info/thoughts.
>
> Eric

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 3:01:06 PM

Eric wrote:
> Looking closer at my .rst I noticed that 3 gun zeros zapped his Gorbie which
> should do exactly 147% damage. His statement to me assuring me his ship was
> fine must be a mistake. My bad.
>
> Eric

What's happening is that the Gun Zeroes fire at the very end of turn,
after repairs and the "hull damage over 100%" check. So, that ship will
survive one more turn, but it will be destroyed right away. And nothing
could change that.

Regards
June 25, 2005 7:13:04 PM

> What's happening is that the Gun Zeroes fire at the very end of turn,
> after repairs and the "hull damage over 100%" check. So, that ship will
> survive one more turn, but it will be destroyed right away. And nothing
> could change that.

Funny thing about that. I was in war with a Robot recently and lost a
lot of ships to half a dozen gun zeros, so I have some experience there
(host 193). And a ship 'destroyed' by gun zero fire is capable of
travelling its full speed and do transfers the following turn. I used
that to save as much as possible from the ships cargo (crew, fuel, ord,
repairs), and it worked every time. The stuff was at the target base
next turn. Even the wreckage (and any cargo pod that was docked to the
ship) was in orbit around the target base, and not at the coordinates
the ship was 'destroyed'. But at least you can't recycle the ship
- I tried it of course ;) .
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 4:38:29 PM

I once asked Tim about this:
As Gun Zero fires after movement and after hull damage check, a ship with
more than 100% hull damage (received from gun zero) is allowed to survive
the whole next movement phase until the next hull damage check (this is
avter movment or in a combat).
You can do everything with this ship that is finished withing the movement
phase ( eg. Jumppoint gen jumping, grav-well block hyp and of cause a
tranfer etc.).

Every ship that receives the >99 hull damage after movement and after the
hull damage check is allowed to do that.

Greetings
Sebastian

"Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>> What's happening is that the Gun Zeroes fire at the very end of turn,
>> after repairs and the "hull damage over 100%" check. So, that ship will
>> survive one more turn, but it will be destroyed right away. And nothing
>> could change that.
>
> Funny thing about that. I was in war with a Robot recently and lost a
> lot of ships to half a dozen gun zeros, so I have some experience there
> (host 193). And a ship 'destroyed' by gun zero fire is capable of
> travelling its full speed and do transfers the following turn. I used
> that to save as much as possible from the ships cargo (crew, fuel, ord,
> repairs), and it worked every time. The stuff was at the target base
> next turn. Even the wreckage (and any cargo pod that was docked to the
> ship) was in orbit around the target base, and not at the coordinates
> the ship was 'destroyed'. But at least you can't recycle the ship
> - I tried it of course ;) .

June 27, 2005 11:31:52 PM

Thanks, this explains why the ship is still floating around. I surely do
hope it's gone next turn.

Cheers,
Eric

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> I once asked Tim about this:
> As Gun Zero fires after movement and after hull damage check, a ship with
> more than 100% hull damage (received from gun zero) is allowed to survive
> the whole next movement phase until the next hull damage check (this is
> avter movment or in a combat).
> You can do everything with this ship that is finished withing the movement
> phase ( eg. Jumppoint gen jumping, grav-well block hyp and of cause a
> tranfer etc.).
>
> Every ship that receives the >99 hull damage after movement and after the
> hull damage check is allowed to do that.
>
> Greetings
> Sebastian
>

> "Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> >> What's happening is that the Gun Zeroes fire at the very end of turn,
> >> after repairs and the "hull damage over 100%" check. So, that ship will
> >> survive one more turn, but it will be destroyed right away. And nothing
> >> could change that.
> >
> > Funny thing about that. I was in war with a Robot recently and lost a
> > lot of ships to half a dozen gun zeros, so I have some experience there
> > (host 193). And a ship 'destroyed' by gun zero fire is capable of
> > travelling its full speed and do transfers the following turn. I used
> > that to save as much as possible from the ships cargo (crew, fuel, ord,
> > repairs), and it worked every time. The stuff was at the target base
> > next turn. Even the wreckage (and any cargo pod that was docked to the
> > ship) was in orbit around the target base, and not at the coordinates
> > the ship was 'destroyed'. But at least you can't recycle the ship
> > - I tried it of course ;) .

June 27, 2005 11:34:33 PM

Did Tim mention that he was going to fix this? I hope so... :-)

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> I once asked Tim about this:
> As Gun Zero fires after movement and after hull damage check, a ship with
> more than 100% hull damage (received from gun zero) is allowed to survive
> the whole next movement phase until the next hull damage check (this is
> avter movment or in a combat).
> You can do everything with this ship that is finished withing the movement
> phase ( eg. Jumppoint gen jumping, grav-well block hyp and of cause a
> tranfer etc.).
>
> Every ship that receives the >99 hull damage after movement and after the
> hull damage check is allowed to do that.
>
> Greetings
> Sebastian
>

> "Lord Owl" <lord.owl@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> >> What's happening is that the Gun Zeroes fire at the very end of turn,
> >> after repairs and the "hull damage over 100%" check. So, that ship will
> >> survive one more turn, but it will be destroyed right away. And nothing
> >> could change that.
> >
> > Funny thing about that. I was in war with a Robot recently and lost a
> > lot of ships to half a dozen gun zeros, so I have some experience there
> > (host 193). And a ship 'destroyed' by gun zero fire is capable of
> > travelling its full speed and do transfers the following turn. I used
> > that to save as much as possible from the ships cargo (crew, fuel, ord,
> > repairs), and it worked every time. The stuff was at the target base
> > next turn. Even the wreckage (and any cargo pod that was docked to the
> > ship) was in orbit around the target base, and not at the coordinates
> > the ship was 'destroyed'. But at least you can't recycle the ship
> > - I tried it of course ;) .

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:18:23 PM

It´s not a bug it´s a feature;o)
So no fix needed (but of cause that depend of your point of view)

Greetings
Sebastian
!