Possible motherboard problem

SpaceGizmo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I'm new to this forum, and not the best with diagnosing PC hardware so wanted to ask a few questions.

Over the past months I've been getting several blue screen crash dumps when doing just about anything on the pc; games, simple web browsing, but in particular over the past 2 or 3 weeks it has increased from about 1 every 2 days to about 2-3 each day! The BSOD is a Memory_Management crash and I've ran the memtest application but no errors were found, and after looking round several websites I've figured it would be a motherboard fault. I also updated the chipset driver about 8 months ago, not long after I replaced a faulty hard drive.

The Dell PC is about 3 years old and I remember that the first day it arrived a blue screen occured, but at the time I thought nothing much of it as it was fine for about a year and then had the occasional bsod but were very infrequent. Usually after a blue screen dump the hard drive sounds a lot noisier and wondered if it might just be a fault with this, but a blue screen often occurs even when the pc is idle on a webpage.

It also looks like files are being corrupted as a handful of games are freezing after about 5 minutes, even after I run Steam to verify the cache, which didn't happen until recently.
Has anyone any advice with this problem? I may just replace the pc completely if it's more than likely a motherboard issue.

Thanks.