Closed

Acquiring network address?

Hey all ! I have the next problem: I have buy a TP-Link's wireless router 2 days ago and I've set up a wireless connection on my laptop which runs windows 7. Everything works great but the thing is that I have other one laptop which runs on win XP. When I tried to connect to my wireless network with that other laptop and after I've entered WPA security key, it gets stuck forever on "acquiring network address" :( I've tried to auto fix but it also doesen't work...can anyone tell me what is the problem ? I've tried million things from the internet and still it doesen't work :(

Thank You !
5 answers Last reply
More about acquiring network address
  1. Could be a simple matter of poor signal . If that seems unlikely try this:

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
  2. signal is excellent and obtaining IP/DNS is auto enabled but still I have the same problem...
  3. Is wireless mode in the router set correctly for the XP machine -- try mixed mode.

Also try turning off wireless security and see if problem goes away.

Unlikely, but check that Access List (include/exclude users by MAC ID) is disabled.
  4. I've tried everything you say and still I have a problem :S
  5. serda_88 said:
    Hey all ! I have the next problem: I have buy a TP-Link's wireless router 2 days ago and I've set up a wireless connection on my laptop which runs windows 7. Everything works great but the thing is that I have other one laptop which runs on win XP. When I tried to connect to my wireless network with that other laptop and after I've entered WPA security key, it gets stuck forever on "acquiring network address" :( I've tried to auto fix but it also doesen't work...can anyone tell me what is the problem ? I've tried million things from the internet and still it doesen't work :(

Thank You !
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Wireless Networking