Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Acquiring network address?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 14, 2010 11:41:31 PM

Hey all ! I have the next problem: I have buy a TP-Link's wireless router 2 days ago and I've set up a wireless connection on my laptop which runs windows 7. Everything works great but the thing is that I have other one laptop which runs on win XP. When I tried to connect to my wireless network with that other laptop and after I've entered WPA security key, it gets stuck forever on "acquiring network address" :(  I've tried to auto fix but it also doesen't work...can anyone tell me what is the problem ? I've tried million things from the internet and still it doesen't work :( 

Thank You !

More about : acquiring network address

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2010 12:56:05 AM

Could be a simple matter of poor signal . If that seems unlikely try this:

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

Score
October 15, 2010 1:00:07 AM

signal is excellent and obtaining IP/DNS is auto enabled but still I have the same problem...
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2010 1:03:00 AM

Is wireless mode in the router set correctly for the XP machine -- try mixed mode.

Also try turning off wireless security and see if problem goes away.

Unlikely, but check that Access List (include/exclude users by MAC ID) is disabled.
Score
October 15, 2010 7:59:56 AM

I've tried everything you say and still I have a problem :S
Score
April 4, 2013 12:57:30 PM

serda_88 said:
Hey all ! I have the next problem: I have buy a TP-Link's wireless router 2 days ago and I've set up a wireless connection on my laptop which runs windows 7. Everything works great but the thing is that I have other one laptop which runs on win XP. When I tried to connect to my wireless network with that other laptop and after I've entered WPA security key, it gets stuck forever on "acquiring network address" :(  I've tried to auto fix but it also doesen't work...can anyone tell me what is the problem ? I've tried million things from the internet and still it doesen't work :( 

Thank You !

Score
!