How well will this card run WoW for me?

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hello, I am wondering what frame rate and settings I will have set when playing World of Warcraft.

I bought a new graphics card and discovered to my horror that the Engine Clock isn't exactly what it was suppose to be and this was unclear to me until I found that EVGA had a second version of the Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Video card with a much more lower Engine Clock speed then what it is SUPPOSE to be. Im affriad the gaming quality is going to be equal to that of a old 8000 series card or worse, my chip set card! :cry:
Im really up set that I didn't notice this and thought I was making a great deal. :fou: Anyhow I JUST want to play World of Warcraft again and am wondering, will I be able to play this game at at-least minimum settings with a frame rate of 30 - 40. I cant stand the 16 - 19 Ive been getting and the frequent BSOD's.

Display card I bought: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card 01G-P3-1145-TR
Card specs: 675 MHz Engine Clock (SUPPOSE TO BE 738 MHz!!!! O:<), 1GB DDR3 Video Memory, 256-bit Memory Interface, 128 Stream Processor.
I don't know the Processor Clock speed of this card and am sure it isn't any better than the Engine clock.

Perhaps I can overclock it to meet the regular engine clock speed? I have a 500 Watt Crosair PSU, im not sure how well that will handle it but its just a idea.
Also, what might you predict my fps will be in a raid or in dal?

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

Yup, that is probably the difference between the card he wanted and the one he got. So he simply can overclock and get it to the 738MHz he wanted.

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Sorry I ALWAYS forget to tell my screen resolution :kaola:
I play at 1680 x 1050 on a HD LCD Screen with amazing quality and 120 refresh rate but thats cut way the %#@@ down from the VGA plug. xD

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

Ok GOOD. Ive planned to play a few other games like battlefield bad company 2 (Probably at low settings) But as so long as I can play WoW then idc about anything else :sol:

G

It should run WoW extremely well. That extra clock speed the other one has wouldn't even give you a noticeable (to the eye) jump in FPS anyway.

Like others have said, just overclock it. It's not like you bought a "lesser" card (unlike say the GTX 460 vs GTX 460 SE) you just didn't waste your money buying one that was already overclocked from the card producer's factory.

A great overclocking utility is RivaTuner. Download it, there's two little bars that say "Customize" on the right. Click on the second one, then click on the first icon on the left. It's self explanatory from there.