Gigabyte P35C-DS3R rev.2.0 motherboard

Hello,

a friend is offering me a Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x 4 GB 1600 MHz (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX) memory sticks in exchange for my current one's(jetram 2 x 2gb 800mhz)because he accidentally bought them(his motherboard does not support ddr3).But my midrange computer is ruunig pretty smooth right now.Would it be too much too handle for my cpu if i change to kingston
hyperx dd3 2x 4gb 1600?I mean wouldn't that be too unbalanced?I am changing to win 7 64bit now so i thought anyway using new 8gb ram would be great.

here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P35C-DS3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

here are motherboard specs:

CPU
Supports Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core / Core™2 Duo / Intel® Pentium® Extreme/ Intel® Pentium® D processors
Supports1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
Chipset
Northbridge: Intel® P35 Express Chipset
Southbridge: Intel® ICH9R
Gigabit Lan Controller
8 Channels ALC889A Audio controller
Memory DDR3:
2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333*/1066/800 MHz memory modules
DDR2:
4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR2 1066*/800/667 MHz memory modules

Maybe this question is not very wise one but i am new to computers so i am hoping you will give me good advise.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte p35c ds3r motherboard
  1. I couldn't find your Gigabyte P35C-DS3R rev.2.0 motherboard on the Gigabyte site. Your board appears to be some kind of hybrid that can handle 2 sticks of DDR3 up to 4GB or 4 sticks of DDR2 up to 8GB. If that's the case (as you state), you will not be able to use 8GB (2 x 4GB sticks) of DDR3. Also, your board's memory voltage for DDR3 is 1.5V, but the Kingston requires 1.65V. I would pass.
  2. Thanks for your information.I found out that it is actually a rev. 2.1 model, but i guess that doesn't change anything or not?Here is link to the site;

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2749#ov

I should probably upgrade my system because i am working in 3ds programs a lot(3ds max,Cryengine,etc.).Should i aim for crossfire too,but i don't really know what is the advantage of that?
  3. Ah, there's that board. I wonder why I couldn't find it at Gigabyte's site?
    Anyway, yes, my opinion stays the same.
    I don't know how much speed improvement Xfire would give you in the code/rendering end of gaming. But I would think it would be beneficial for rendering scenes that utilize Xfire. That's out of my realm of knowkedge, so it's best I leave that for someone wiser to answer. Btw, your existing board doesn't offer the Xfire option; only one PCIe x16 slot.
  4. thanks again ...
  5. Hi.
    I write from PC, there are installed now:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R but not 2.0 my ver. 1.1 (but read below)
    BIOS Version: Intel P35 BIOS for P35C-DS3R F12 (SLIC added)
    CPU Type: QuadCore Intel Xeon E5430, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
    and 8Gb DDR3 1866MHz
    DIMM1: Kingston HyperX KHX1866C9D3/4GX (Manufacture Date: Week 44/2012)
    DIMM3: Kingston HyperX KHX1866C9D3/4GX (Manufacture Date: Week 44/2012)
    But BIOS files are identical byte-to-byte, MB descriptions are the same, it's mean that in logic of different revisions no differences. May be used different manufacturers of components as capacitors etc.
    But 8Gb of DDR3 DRAM works PERFECT!
    Initially, MB didn't start with both modules, but i've tried with 1 at first, PC started correctly, then I added a second module and about 2 years them works fine.
    Hope this info will be useful))) :vip:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Memory