pikacu8

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hi. I just wan't to know what is the difference between:
PCI-E
PCI-E 2.0
PCI-E 2.1 ?

Is there any changes?
Or it won't matter about the number of it? Like if it is PCI-E then it will take all PCI-E, or something like that?

And just an small question, just making shure- is PCI Express - PCI-E ? :)

I have already GeForce 6600 GT 512Mb and I wan't a bit stronger Graphics like 1GB and I wan't better Resolution for desktop and stuff, because I don't like that large :D My maximal is 1280x1024 and it is to small for me. And I think this is PCI-E or something like that. And I bought one graphic card for my other computer and I don't know what tipe is it, but I know that it is 512mb and it is ATI RADEON x1650 or something like that :p And for example I wanted to see what is it like, so I tried on GTA 4 and it was allot worser, I did put on maximal settings and it was worser, like in the start there gives you a room where to live and stuff, on GeForce 6600 GT graphic card the steps where you go down stairs is all bright and in good quality but in radeon it was dark and in bad quality and even cars lights where in [] :D I did install all the drivers, but maby it doesn't like Win7. But still, can you tell me which one is better between these graphic cards, and if you can give me more information about it, I will be pleased.

Thank you before. :)

SO which card were you thinking of upgrading to?
Only PCI-Express 1.0/2.0/2.1 are compatable with eachother NOT regular PCI-Express.So if a card will work for PCI-Express 1.0 or 2.0 it will not work in a PCI-express slot.

And yes,PCI-E means PCI-Express.

pbrain

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
i tested a GTX295 on a pair of EVGA boards, one had PCI-E 1.0 (680i) & the other had PCI-E 2.0 (790i), there was absolutely no difference when i compared them in 3DMark06 or Vantage.

So whatever card you want, it will work fine on any of those versions.

PS: my XFX GTX295 (reference card, standard clocks) scored higher than my EVGA GTX580 in 3DMark Vantage

Status
Not open for further replies.