Code A3 on P8B WS - diagnostic card

kttech

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Installed new Asus P8B WS motherboard. Turned on PC, No display. The G.P Diagnostic Card displays code A3. The manual doesn't list this code.. not sure what it means.
Luckily I have a PCI video card.. after installing and testing vga and dvi noticed they both work. But onboard DVI doesn't work. Do I have a faulty board? Or is there some switch or jumper I need to switch?
Also this board has LED diag lights. I noticed the diag_vga light was continuously on. So they way its looking its hanging on the diag_vga test.
Am i missing something here or is the board faulty.

Right now im using a PCI video card, installing an OS, to give me a jump start.

kttech

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I figured out A3 has nothing to do with display. Now the question is why is the diag_vga blue light on with no display. Does this mean the DVI port is dead?

donwillcomputers

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
I have the same experience you are having. My board is brand new. The blue light that is on indicates that you should place a PCI Express card on the board. After you place the PCI Express card on the slot, the light will go out.

However, I could not get the onboard DVI port to display video on the Monitor ... just like you. If you find an answer to that please e-mail me at donwillcomputers@gmail.com
Thank you.

G

Yep, same experience here. Bought two brand new boards, but after a week the same blue VGA light and no boot. Tried another VGA cards, but didn't matter.

Have one of you found a solution for the problem?

bester

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Dear Friends !
I found it on http://www.amazon.com/CrossFireX-Workstation-Motherboard-P8B-WS/dp/B004U5V7LM,

##########################################################
"We apologize for the issue you had with the motherboard.

As commented by a user below (thank you), the Intel Xeon E3-1220 does not have graphics capability built into the chip.

If you have installed a video card and are still getting A3 error code or have other problems, please contact me directly at cl-benson@asus.com ref#C1037-308. When replying, please include your hardware setup and specification.

Regards,
Benson
Asus Customer Loyalty
##########################################################

That means your motherboards( and mine ) doesn't show any videosignal through onboard DVI port becouse your CPU havn't video capability!!!! http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/frown.gif

WBR, Edward Burlakov , Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
edwardb_@_mail.ru

kttech

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

My cpu is a E3-1270. I rma'ed this board months ago and got a different one.
So is this a bug in the bios or something?

newtekie1

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

The E3-1270 doesn't have built in graphics either, you will have to use a dedicated graphics card.