Graphics Card with its own audio for HDMI, budget

mikefletcher85

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Ive attempted to contact a few manufactures but never get a reply... I also tried a quick search but the topics were a little old and with the way this stuff changes im sure its out of date.

I am looking for a card for my Dell 745 that has HDMI and its own audio hardware. I currently have an MSI N9500GT that i got a few months back only to find out that to get the audio to go through the HDMI port to my TV i needed to connect a cable from my motherboard to the card. Well leave it to Dell to not have an audio header on the board. Right now I use a VGA/3.5mm combo to connect to my TV but would like to just use one cable (HDMI).

I have done some reading and it seems that ATI is a better choice, but I have no idea what one to get... It seems that Newegg lately has had a tone of deals on ATI cards under $50 AR but am clueless on what one to get. I would also like to game casually on the card too. Nothing bleeding edge, maybe WoW.

I dont really care how its cooled (passive, fan, whatever) cause im sure the chassis fans are louder. The 745 is a mini tower, but dont let the name fool you, it is a full case (meaning that the card does not need to be low profile). I have a pretty beefy power supply (not stock) i cant remember the exact specs of it, but im sure i could power any card. Finally im using Windows 7 x64 and would probably use something like Boxee or similar as an interface.

To sum it up, im looking for:
Audio over HDMI (without having to connect a cable from a sound card to the graphics card)
Cheap
Casual gaming
Full height/Low profile (makes no difference)
and dont care about how its cooled (unless its louder then a first gen xbox 360 ;) )

Thanks for the help!!

P.S. I do like to shop at Newegg.com or Amazon (I have a prime account and get fast shipping) but I am open to other sites.

mikefletcher85

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

Thanks for the reply!

Anychace you know of one that would fit my needs and is under $50? I have no plans on playing BluRays nor do I use much HD content. Mostly xvid videos and maybe the occasional mkv file. I know that I'm asking for alot for very little, but the setup I have now works and I cant really justify paying more than $50 just to eliminate one cable.