Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Getting ready to buy tell me what you think 1300$

Last response: in Systems
March 10, 2011 10:56:27 PM

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 4x SATA Hot-Swap Drive Bays & Side-Panel Window [+211]

Neon Light Upgrade: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10] (Blue Color)

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+100]

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more) [+99]

Cooling Fan: CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 360MM w/ Triple Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 18dBA) [+93]

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping] [+24]

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory [+94] (Corsair Dominator [+64])

Power Supply Upgrade: 1,100 Watts - CyberPowerPC Gaming Power Supply SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+120]

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (500GB x 2 (1 TB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance [+48])

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

i have a gtx 580 allready fyi, does it all look good?? What size of a psu do i really need for this build?

More about : ready buy 1300

Best solution

March 10, 2011 11:54:30 PM

Is that $1300 without the video card?
If so you should run, don't walk, away from that deal b/c it's a rip off.

Regarding the power supply, according to SLIZone, you would need a 900-1000w power supply to allow the option of dual GTX 580's later.

When I look at that deal there it seems like you're paying a lot of money for things that don't get you much.
Is that $211 for the case, or is that $211 MORE than the stock case for that rig?
$25 for additional case fans? Doesn't the 800d do a fairly good job of cooling anyway? And then you're putting a 360 Rad + 3 more fans in there too... so 8 fans total.
Are you going to be liquid cooling your GTX 580, or are you putting that monster liquid cooling rig plus fans in there just to cool a 95w I-5 sandy bridge chip that is famous for cool operation even with overclocking?

Generally speaking I think you get a better deal if you build the system yourself. But I'm willing to consider that some people prefer to have it arrive all ready to go. So I'm not saying that you shouldn't go w/ Cyber-Power... but you should focus your spending more on things that will help the performance of the system.
March 11, 2011 1:23:03 AM

My gtx 580 is a ftw so its a waterblock. There prices are right on with neweggs for most of it.
Related resources
March 11, 2011 1:35:46 AM

Pricing this same computer on newegg is 1034$ shipping is 45$ plus, it is not put together not overclocked and tiddyed up for 1300$ from cyberpower doesnt seem like a bad deal. so i really dont know what you are talking about.
March 11, 2011 2:13:11 AM

1. Hate pre-builts, sorry for trolling.

2. They're charging you more for the stock case as mentioned by Copa, 211$ more + stock price for an 800D. The 800D only costs 280. I think that's absurd.

3. That motherboard is a terrible 16x/4x motherboard. Also it doesn't support SLI.

4. Total cost for the ram is more money that going out and buying your own Dominator 8gb kit, they only cost 110$ now. Probably even cheaper.

5. That 1K watt PSU probably only rates 500w like most OEM no-name power supplies do. It's what companies like iBuyPower, Cyberpower, HP, Dell, etc. do with no name power supplies.

Also CyberpowerPC may put together the liquid cooling but in the end YOU are in charge of managing it. That means quarterly clean outs and upkeep. I'm talking about every 3-6 months you should be cleaning the tubes, draining the coolant, putting new coolant in, etc. etc. Also, I'm pretty sure that you better have the correct fittings/tubing size for LCing your 580. Just because the tubing matches the entire system doesn't mean the tubing ID will match the size for your 580.

Also, be sure to separate loops, unless of course the block they use on the CPU is a low-flow block. If the block restricts to much flow, your better of using air cooling. With the added fact that you have a high heat producing GPU, you better hope that it is a low flow block. Otherwise the H2O will basically be doing nothing.

6. Forgot, they're ripping you for the RAID HDDs. f3 500gbs only cost 40$ each and they're much better than OEM no name drives. WAY better.
March 11, 2011 2:21:50 AM

Well i really dont want to build one myself anymore........ So i guess i dont know what to do.
March 11, 2011 2:23:29 AM

Then I strongly suggest you don't go with a water cooling route. Get the prebuilt, but w/o water cooling.
March 11, 2011 2:35:18 AM

overclocking to 5ghz on air will be a nightmare that means the 800d case wont work, its ment for w/cing
March 11, 2011 2:40:37 AM

Wouldn't matter, overclocking a CPU is all dependent on the CPU grade. Not ALL 2500Ks get to 5.0+ only certain ones do. Meaning the noes making it out of the factory perfect.

"800D case won't work" what does that mean? Air flow in the 800D will be fine. 3x140mm fans is pretty good airflow. Add an extra fan and it'll cool just fine.

Also, with the high flow cpu block, your WCing would do nothing at all. Also, if you look on Google. Many users who have gotten perfect grade chips have gotten to 5ghz on air JUST FINE.
March 11, 2011 2:42:39 AM

I see nothing but good review about that w/cing system in that case.
March 11, 2011 2:50:26 AM

IF THE CPU BLOCK THEY USE ON THE LOOP (that is the block that is going on your 2500K) IS HIGH WATER FLOW, it needs MORE water flow AND it will be rendered useless since the 580 produces LOTS of heat and so High restriction + crazy temp producing GPU = HIGH TEMPS not low WCing temps.

You ALSO AREN'T MAKING YOUR OWN CUSTOM LOOP! Many people compliment that case for water cooling because THEY made their own custom loop which is entirely different from getting a pre-built loop from CyberPowerPC.

Not only that, you just stated "you don't want to build your own build" That means if you want LOW management, WCing is NOT for you. LET ME REITERATE! 3-6 months is EVERYTIME you should be cleaning the loop and re inserting new coolant into the loop.
March 11, 2011 3:03:39 AM

It cant be that hard to change the fluid, should be easyer then doing a car.
March 11, 2011 3:21:48 AM

In that case everything looks perfect.
March 11, 2011 3:56:29 AM

Alright, good luck with the build cia.
March 11, 2011 5:04:55 AM

Seems to me that CIA doesn't really want advice, just wants to "brag" about his build. Have fun IMHO it's a rip, but it's your money -.-
March 28, 2011 3:28:43 AM

Best answer selected by cia24.
!