Buy from store, online, phone

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 13, 2005 12:24:11 PM

I'm a ATTWS customer who is going to "upgrade" to a GSM phone as my
current 4-5 year old Mot StarTac is starting to fade. I will still have
an ATTWS account since my wife's TDMA phone is still working fine.

Interested in pros/cons (leaving aside price differences) of buying from
the different Cingular outlets: online, store or by phone.

Thanks for any experiences/tips.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com

More about : buy store online phone

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:13:55 PM

"Norm" <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm a ATTWS customer who is going to "upgrade" to a GSM phone as my
> current 4-5 year old Mot StarTac is starting to fade. I will still have
> an ATTWS account since my wife's TDMA phone is still working fine.
>
> Interested in pros/cons (leaving aside price differences) of buying from
> the different Cingular outlets: online, store or by phone.
>
> Thanks for any experiences/tips.
>
> --
> Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com

Best price online but without a new line of service/contract a new phone is
not cheap. Look at the total price shipping and sales tax. Almost any GSM
phone is going to have more features what is important to you ? I would look
on Ebay once you know what you want, read the sellers feedback look at the
Neg feedback close, bad high volume sellers can look ok till you read some
of the unhappy buyers and see a trend. I have not been happy with the few
things I have ordered from cingular.com.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:01:16 PM

So if your not happy with "the few things I have ordered from cingular.com"
, Don't complain just return them. You can return any purchased item as
long as it is in original condition and you saved the original packaging (no
questions asked).

Bruce D. Brown

"Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Norm" <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
>> I'm a ATTWS customer who is going to "upgrade" to a GSM phone as my
>> current 4-5 year old Mot StarTac is starting to fade. I will still have
>> an ATTWS account since my wife's TDMA phone is still working fine.
>>
>> Interested in pros/cons (leaving aside price differences) of buying from
>> the different Cingular outlets: online, store or by phone.
>>
>> Thanks for any experiences/tips.
>>
>> --
>> Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
>
> Best price online but without a new line of service/contract a new phone
> is
> not cheap. Look at the total price shipping and sales tax. Almost any GSM
> phone is going to have more features what is important to you ? I would
> look
> on Ebay once you know what you want, read the sellers feedback look at the
> Neg feedback close, bad high volume sellers can look ok till you read some
> of the unhappy buyers and see a trend. I have not been happy with the few
> things I have ordered from cingular.com.

May 13, 2005 9:26:48 PM

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> So if your not happy with "the few things I have ordered from
cingular.com"
> , Don't complain just return them. You can return any purchased item as
> long as it is in original condition and you saved the original packaging
(no
> questions asked).

Guess what I did return them but that doesn't change the fact they shipped
the wrong thing twice and their C.S. is bad. And the fastfoward device is
junk. Wasn't complaining either just the facts of my experence which is what
the OP asked about. Back under the bridge please. In case I'am wrong what
was you experence with Cingular online Bruce ?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:13:04 AM

I would say to purchase online and look at letstalk.com or amazon.com,
better deals sometimes and sometimes some nice extras.

Capt.

> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>> So if your not happy with "the few things I have ordered from
> cingular.com"
>> , Don't complain just return them. You can return any purchased item as
>> long as it is in original condition and you saved the original packaging
> (no
>> questions asked).
>>
> Guess what I did return them but that doesn't change the fact they shipped
> the wrong thing twice and their C.S. is bad. And the fastfoward device is
> junk. Wasn't complaining either just the facts of my experence which is
> what
> the OP asked about. Back under the bridge please. In case I'am wrong what
> was you experence with Cingular online Bruce ?

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:51:22 PM

<snip>
> >> So if your not happy with "the few things I have ordered from
> > cingular.com"
> >> , Don't complain just return them. You can return any purchased item
as
> >> long as it is in original condition and you saved the original
packaging
> > (no
> >> questions asked).
> >>
> > Guess what I did return them but that doesn't change the fact they
shipped
> > the wrong thing twice and their C.S. is bad. And the fastfoward device
is
> > junk. Wasn't complaining either just the facts of my experence which is
> > what
> > the OP asked about. Back under the bridge please. In case I'am wrong
what
> > was you experence with Cingular online Bruce ?

Just a follow up, Cingular is still "processing" my request for credit for
the items returned Jan 19,2005. After an hour long phone call should see my
credit in the next 7 to 10 days.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:51:02 PM

And I thought they were doing bad with me. I have been waiting for my refund
of >$200 since April 20th. They said I have to wait for a minimum of 30 days
before they consider a credit. Good thing there is ways to dispute charges
with your credit card company.

!