What's a gaming rig without a working Mouse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,
I just built a gaming rig using a gigabyte ga-x58a-ud5 motherboard and have installed 64bit windows 7 home premium OS.
The dilemma is when i attempt to play any pc game and reach the main menu of the game, my mouse simply becomes non-functional. I have uninstalled the drivers, rebooted the rig,system restored to prior updates when it did actually work (maybe 2 days) during gameplay and tried accessing different usb ports on the machine. Stumped, any help would be graciously accepted and look forward to hearing the feed back from the community.
Thanks

Solution

Manage my profile->Forum Options->Signature

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I'm using a microsoft 5000 wireless mouse. keep in mind I've tried using a WIRED mouse and it still will not respond. The strange part is it only happens on the main menu of a PC game and I can get out of the game by pressing ESC and the mouse acts as if nothing ever happened.. Weird

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

failed to mention in the reply that everything else works fine during instances. drives work fine, as well as keyboard..ps how do you have your computer specs seperated below your comments thats pretty cool

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I really dont think I have. last resort to reinstall sucks...Not what I wanted to do but oh well.I did notice that it quit responding after service pack and optional updates were chosen. next time will not chose optional updates and yes I did do a system restore to no avail

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
okay reinstalled mobo drivers and installed Rise of Nations to test functionality and it seems to be working as expected.I'm installing video card now and will retest to keep yall updated

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
installing 62 important updates and not optional updates. Crossing my fingers now . i thought about loading all updates one by one but I dont think I have the patients

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Okay, Installed all Important updates and chose to hide the 4 available OPTIONAL updates offered and things appear to be going better than ever!!! thanks again for any suggestions given from those who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.