A few questions about some old industrial mobos.

m_ke

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I'm not sure if this the best place to ask but I need some help locating some old motherboards for a commercial CNC router.

We own a biesse rover 30 and after its motherboard died on us we had an awful time trying to get it fixed. We had an engineer from biesse look at it and after spending weeks trying to get the controller fixed he quoted us $7000 for an old motherboard from Italy, with no guarantee of it working.

The original motherboard in the machine was a FIC CP31-AG. We were told that the only possible replacement for it would be a Boser HS 1000.

I looked into it and couldn't find anything on the FIC. Here are the specs on the Boser

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets2/11/115618_1.pdf

Bus Interface PCI/ISA
CPU Family / Class Intel Celeron
Intel Pentium III
System Chipset VIA VT82C686
VIA VT8601
Video (Display) Chipset VIA VT8601

Audio AC97 3D audio controller
BIOS AMI PnP Flash BIOS
CMOS Battery backup
CPU Socket 370 for Intel Celeron/Coppermine/Tualatin; 633MHz~1.3GHz CPU
Dimensions 24.4(L) x 19.1(W)cm
FDD Supports up to two floppy disk drives
Front Side Bus Supports 100/133MHz FSB
Game Port Supports one Joystick game port
Hardware Monitor VIA VT82C686B
I/O Chipset VIA VT82C686B
IDE Four IDE disk drives supporting ATA/33/66/100 and with transfer rates of 33/66/100MB/sec.
Keyboard PS/2 6-pin Mini DIN
Mouse PS/2 6-pin Mini DIN
Parallel One enhanced bi-directional parallel port
Power Connector One 20-pin ATX power connector
Serial Port 16C550 UART-compatible RS-232 x 1 serial ports with 16-byte FIFO
Slot Two PCI, two ISA, and one CNR slots
System Chipset VIA VT8601T/VT82C686B
System Memory Two DIMM sockets supporting up to 1GB
Temperature 0~+60oC (operating)
USB Four USB ports, two internal and two external
VGA VIA VT8601T integrated Trident 3D supporting AGP Bus

Is there any chance of finding either of these boards? How much should they cost?
If not those two, would I be okay if any other board?
Thanks

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-D815EEA2-Fcpga-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B00006BBS3
http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/via-ap133a-fcpga-max/4507-3049_7-5087984.html?tag=mncol;lwrspecs
Do any of these look like a possible replacement? That motherboard you describe is much larger than an ATX motherboard. What features do you actually use on it? Maybe that would help determine if it can be replaced by a standard ATX board.

mhokett

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
i found this cached page review that gives a good overview here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Zy6YQvZ-ZT0J:hardware.earthweb.com/chips/article.php/638321+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There doesn't appear to be anything special about it. most likely the one on amazon that delroymonjo linked to would work if it's small enough to fit where you need it. the onlything it's missing is an ISA slot. If that's what you connecting to then it wouldn't work, but I'm sure you could find one on ebay that would have that.

m_ke

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
That's the thing. From what I gathered it's just an old microATX board and I think it's the ISA slot that makes it a deal breaker.

The guys from Biesse insist that the FIC CP31-AG is the only compatible motherboard and want to charge me $7000 to have one shipped from Italy (most likely used).

Should I pay the $7000 or is there anywhere that I could possibly find one?

mike1234

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

We have a rover with the same problem. I am hoping you found a solution other than buying the $7,000 one from Italy. If you found one it would be great if you posted it here. mike

jeff27246

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Mike - Hello my name is Jeff and I am with a Company Called Tek Source Solutions, Inc. - I can help you on your Biesse Rover 30 Motherboard request...we are currently selling a 100% Form, Fit, Function Compatible Motherboard to the FIC CP31-AG / Boser HS1000 Motherboard that is currently used in your Biesse Rover 30 Machine...It is 100% Compatible with the "NC1000" Controller Console that this (and Other Biesse Rovers) Use (We have already tested the Board Through Biesse and it was APPROVED)...Please e-mail me at jeff@tssgrp.com or call me toll free direct at 1-888-462-0862 and I would be glad to get you out of your Bind...we are currently selling the Board at a very reasonable Price of $1795.00 each (CPU, Fan, and Memory Kit Included), with FREE Domestic Shipping to the Lower 48 States

I would be glad to help you, or any other individuals that have Biesse Rover / NC1000 Systems with this same Problem...As far as I understand...we appear to be the only company that i know of that has a COMPATIBLE model board that will work...

Once again my e-mail is jeff@tssgrp.com and my phone number 1-888-462-0862...let me know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________