Capturing Ships / Stealing Plans

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

If I capture an enemies ship does it work at 100% capacity? (excepting any
special devices that only work for specific races)

What about if I steal the plans and build one?

How about if I make an alliance and trade hull plans?

I ask because I notice in EE help docs it calls out that if anyone takes
your ship plans they are only at like 35% armor / shields.

Thanks in advance!

First check the config option of each game, FIG button in you client.

by default

Hull plan trading : allowed (this can be at NO)
Alien Hulls fight : Poorly (default, or it can be at normal)

Try to avoid game with alien hull fight normal, you lose all the flavor of
all races.

After that some race have a hacker droid and can make plan even if hull plan
trading are not allowed, the BORG for example.

Also their is a lot of special rules for the Privateer.

For Empire (from Klingon Kommand)

a.. Ships of Evil Empire design in the hands of another race have a -75%
shield weakness, have a 300% better chance of taking a critical hit from
enemy fighter craft, and Heavy Laser weapons pass through both the shields
and armor and can cause a critical hit. Who wants to steal your hull plans?

http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/v4empire.htm

Lord Lancelot

> Who wants to steal your hull plans?

I would.
The ship hull plans you do capture is not for combat but because of the
neat little ship devices you can get your hands on and what you can do
with them.

Like a Star Destroyer, both borg chunnel ships, a Pax Jumpship (any
non-hyp race would like to get one of those) a Slayer and other stuff.