building a new rig for gaming (mainly FSX so CPU will be important), and right now finalizing my choices.
Here's the system I plan to configure:
- ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
- Core i7-2600k 3.4 Ghz, probably gonna cool it with a NOCTUA either NH-C14 or NH-D14. What would be the better choice ?
- ASUS 580GTX
- ANTEC TP-750 PSU
- Corsair DDR3 1600MHZ Vengeance, 3x2GB
- WD 2TB Sata600 WD2002FAEX
- Probably will throw in an OCZ 120GB SSD
Now need advise on following things:
I first thought to get the Antec P183, but then I saw that didn't have frontside USB 3.0 support. Apparently the P183 V3 does, but that's not gonna be available at the store I intend to buy the rig until somewhere in April. Instead, they are proposing me the LIAN LI PC-9F (silenced) , which has 2 front USB 3.0 ports.
As I've read that the ANTEC P183 is one of the most quite towers, I wonder how the LIAN LI will be. Is it also quite ? I don't mind a little noise but I don't permanently need a jet taking of next to me.
Also, how's the cooling of the LIAN LI PC-9F ?
The P8P67 deluxe comes with a bay for front-side USB 3.0 support, but I guess I don't need that and can just connect the midboard USB 3.0 controller to the case's built-in front side ports, right ? I just want a case than can take full advantage of the available USB ports on the board, both back and front side.
Will the 750W PSU be sufficient for this system, at gaming charge ?
Thanks for any help guys, appreciated !
More about :building gaming rig advise needed case choice
Since peeps been waiting this long for the top end i suggest for healthier/fatter budgets to
1. Await Z68 chipsets, Zambezi AM3+ on platform front
2. Await HD 6990/GTX 590 on the GPU front
3. Await the Sandforce SATA 6GB/s SSDs to hit retailers