Tim NASTY Vision Bug

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2005 7:45:50 PM

I'm playing the rebel, I'm only sharing contact info with one race (not a
robot).

I see all the minefield of a robot player and all his ship show as unknow
contact, Me or my ally have no ship or base near him.

This is very bag bug for the Robot. I'ts a game on RC World, if Tim want the
host files I'm sure it can be done.

The robot was one of the race I wanted to play next, but if everybody can
see everthing I do, well I will never play them. :(

Lord Lancelot

More about : tim nasty vision bug

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 3:08:29 AM

Lord Lancelot writes
>I'm playing the rebel, I'm only sharing contact info with one race (not a
>robot).
>
>I see all the minefield of a robot player and all his ship show as unknow
>contact, Me or my ally have no ship or base near him.

If your ally is allied with someone else, then you may get that third
person's data sent along the "chain" to you.

And... vice versa. Scan data can flow both ways. Beware.

Ask your ally if he has other allies. (Ask a Rebel player to confirm
this if you are suspicious. Rebels can see alliances.) Hang on. YOU are
Rebel. You can see this yourself.

If it is not that... then maybe it is indeed a bug.
--
Paul Honigmann
June 25, 2005 3:33:37 AM

I had thought the chain data bug had been fixed long ago. Are you sure that
the chain still exists?

"KlingonKommand" <Paul@nurk.fnord> wrote in message
> Lord Lancelot writes
> >I'm playing the rebel, I'm only sharing contact info with one race (not a
> >robot).
> >
> >I see all the minefield of a robot player and all his ship show as unknow
> >contact, Me or my ally have no ship or base near him.
>
> If your ally is allied with someone else, then you may get that third
> person's data sent along the "chain" to you.
>
> And... vice versa. Scan data can flow both ways. Beware.
>
> Ask your ally if he has other allies. (Ask a Rebel player to confirm
> this if you are suspicious. Rebels can see alliances.) Hang on. YOU are
> Rebel. You can see this yourself.
>
> If it is not that... then maybe it is indeed a bug.
> --
> Paul Honigmann
June 25, 2005 4:57:39 AM

KlingonKommand schrieb:
> Lord Lancelot writes
>
>> I'm playing the rebel, I'm only sharing contact info with one race (not a
>> robot).
>>
>> I see all the minefield of a robot player and all his ship show as unknow
>> contact, Me or my ally have no ship or base near him.
>

> If your ally is allied with someone else, then you may get that third
> person's data sent along the "chain" to you.
>
> And... vice versa. Scan data can flow both ways. Beware.
>
> Ask your ally if he has other allies. (Ask a Rebel player to confirm
> this if you are suspicious. Rebels can see alliances.) Hang on. YOU are
> Rebel. You can see this yourself.
>
> If it is not that... then maybe it is indeed a bug.

He is a Rebel player in that game I think he mean. And he is allied with a
Pirat, which have one (some?) special features if sharing data with him,
maybe there can be a bug too.

I share data with someone and in that game and can not see all Robo
minefields or ships (not as a good scan or unknown data).

So I think it is not a specific Robo bug if there is a bug, maybe a bug
about data exchange.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 7:38:38 AM

I'm just sharing contact info with 1 race let call that race Romulan, and
that romulan as attack OFF with me the Rebel, and with one 3rd party race.
that 3rd party race as only the romulan as ally, and the 3rd party race is
over 1000 ly away from the robot wich I see most of his minefield and his
ship as unknow data.

The Privateer scum, is just a trading partner. :)

Rebel <---> Romulan <-----> 3rd party race
( I'm the Rebel player)

Only 3 link in the chain.

I will ask the Romulan for more info on his ally setting, because I know you
can share data, even if you keep attack on...

Lord Lancelot
June 26, 2005 1:40:03 PM

I've reported this bug to tim, at least a month ago. Any two races who share
contact data with each other will also see all robotic ships (not mines) as
unknown contacts.

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote in message
news:p pZue.79336$Kk4.1177000@news20.bellglobal.com...
> I'm playing the rebel, I'm only sharing contact info with one race (not a
> robot).
>
> I see all the minefield of a robot player and all his ship show as unknow
> contact, Me or my ally have no ship or base near him.
>
> This is very bag bug for the Robot. I'ts a game on RC World, if Tim want
> the host files I'm sure it can be done.
>
> The robot was one of the race I wanted to play next, but if everybody can
> see everthing I do, well I will never play them. :(
>
> Lord Lancelot

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:52:01 PM

I confirm this bug.

In my other game I just started sharing contact with one race me as the
Empire the other race as the Fed, and the fed is not sharing info with
anyone else.

I turn after the sahring is done, I now see many unkown ship data, over
1500ly away, but no minefield.

The minefield where spotted by an hyp ship in my other game where I play the
rebel.

But this is a major bug for robot player.

it really easy to reproduce. pick 2 races share contact info, run host 1-2
time, and you will see the robot ship as unknow contacts.
if you can't reproduce this, try it with Rebel <--> Bird Empire <--> Fed

ehyve.5163$2S.3525@fe03.lga...

!